Windows 10: Media Player 12 For Windows 10

Discus and support Media Player 12 For Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somehow over the weekend, all the music on my computer was converted from wma to cda files and will no longer play. Even if I try to play a CD, Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevenSpring, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Media Player 12 For Windows 10

Somehow over the weekend, all the music on my computer was converted from wma to cda files and will no longer play. Even if I try to play a CD, Media Player shows the songs as cda files and will not play them. I have 2 computers, 1 for my photography and my writings, the other as a backup and to run Media Player. Neither computer will now play any music via Media Player.

I tried searching Microsoft's website to download a fresh copy of Media Player 12 but cannot find the actual page to do so. Come to think of it, I have never been able to download a fresh copy of Media Player over the years.

Is there a simple way to convert these files and Media Player back to wma, so that I am able to play the ten thousand songs I have uploaded from CDs over the years?

Thanks!!!
    Steven

:)

StevenSpring, Jan 8, 2017

2. How to download Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

Old title: Media Player 12

How do I download the Windows 12 Media Player for Windows 10?

BernadetteThibodeau, Jan 8, 2017
  3. How to download Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

PhithakPhonnuan, Jan 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Media Player 12 For Windows 10

Hi, if you look at the files in file explorer, with extensions shown, what extension do you see?
    Please post a screenshot.

Please also download and install another player, unless you already have one installed, such as VLC player.
    Try to play an audio CD with that. What happens?

Windows Media Player: This is part of Windows.

Media Player 12 For Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's how you would remove it and then 'reinstall' it.

You say two PCs are affected. Are you syncing settings and data between them or are they meant to be independent?

dalchina, Jan 9, 2017
  5. dalchina, thank you for replying to my request for help so quickly. I had just pull up my music files and miraculously all my files had converted back to the wma format. Hopefully, they stay that way!!!

Steven

StevenSpring, Jan 9, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Just a note, the .cda files [quite small] on a music disc are only pointers to the actual music which is not shown until Ripped to the computer.

Berton, Jan 9, 2017
  7. Berton, thanks for replying to my question. All my music somehow was converted to the cda format. I've been having a lot of problems with my computer, so I assume the conversion was probably related to those problems. But, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to computers.

Steve

StevenSpring, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Media Player 12 For Windows 10

1. Media Player 12 For Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  3. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  4. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...: it also doesn't let me move the bar as it is grayed out as well I have tried reinstalling but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-let-me-skip-30-seconds/9c119567-99a5-4873-b3c7-1ceab8b7c2ec
  6. Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...

Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...: it also doesn't let me move the bar as it is grayed out as well I have tried reinstalling but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-let-me-skip-30-seconds/9c119567-99a5-4873-b3c7-1ceab8b7c2ec
  7. Windows Media Player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player question: So I usually select a bunch of songs into a playlist in WMP. Then I switch to the playlist view because I want to be able to see the list at all times. But If I want to skip one of the tracks and click on it, the playlist view switches back to the visualisation view. Is there...
  8. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  9. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...
  10. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490