Windows 10: Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!

Discus and support Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I suddenly find myself having the most bizarre issue I've ever had, and I think it started right after I had a serious crash using the VLC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orlando1974, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!

Hey guys,
    I suddenly find myself having the most bizarre issue I've ever had, and I think it started right after I had a serious crash using the VLC Media Player, which I then uninstalled. I can't be sure that it is related to this though but whats happening is that I can't play anything in Windows Media Player anymore, nor is the video playback functionality of YouTube working!

see screenshots.

Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING! [​IMG]

Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING! [​IMG]

Not sure what caused this or how to repair... my hunch is that MAYBE a codec was deleted from my system when I uninstalled VLC? But I reinstalled it and nothing is changed.... HELP!

:)

orlando1974, Aug 13, 2018

2. Not one media player will work

Hi Connie,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I would like to know on which web browser does the YouTube issue persists.

I suggest you to turn Off and On the Windows Media Player from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select
      Programs and Features option from the list.

• Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.

• Expand Media Features from the list.

• Uncheck the Windows Media Player option and restart the system.

• Follow Step 1 to Step 3 and recheck the Windows Media Player option.

• Open the Windows Media Player to check if it works.
    If you are using the Microsoft Edge then, I suggest you to refer to the section:
    View or delete browsing history from the following Microsoft article on
    Microsoft Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

I suggest you to refer to the following article to enable the Flash Player in the Microsoft Edge.

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

If you are using the Internet Explorer then,
    I suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on Change or reset Internet Explorer settings and make sure the Flash player is updated.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING!

1. Media Player and YouTube NO LONGER WORKING! - Similar Threads - Media Player YouTube

2. media player not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media player not working: media player not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-not-working/05524ae0-900a-41b7-a56f-323569a954bd
  3. media player not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media player not working: media player not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-not-working/05524ae0-900a-41b7-a56f-323569a954bd
  4. media player not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media player not working: Following an update of Windows my media player is not working. I need to copy my CD's into my library and then they can be used on my Sonos system. This is also important for my business which requires me to listen to CD's I have for sale to be reviewed. It worked fine until...
  5. Windows Media player no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player no longer works.: Windows Media player no longer works. I’m running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2965 Surface Pro 5If I start Media Player a message appears saying it’s not properly installed and asking if I want to install it from the Microsoft website. That link directs me to a...
  6. Windows Media player no longer works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media player no longer works.: Windows Media player no longer works. I’m running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2965 Surface Pro 5If I start Media Player a message appears saying it’s not properly installed and asking if I want to install it from the Microsoft website. That link directs me to a...
  7. Windows Media player no longer works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. is windows media player no longer available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is windows media player no longer available: i purchased a new computer and the data was transferred the Windows Media Player and the Media Player library did not transfer. the computer is Windows 10 so is the player not transferable to Windows 10?...
  9. media player will no longer burn cd's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media player will no longer burn cd's: Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and haven't been able to burn cd's in the media player. I get a message,"Windows Media Player cannot burn the files, if burner is busy, wait for current task to finish. If necessary, verify the burner is properly connected and that you have...
  10. Media Player not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player not working: My Media Player will not play any sound. It looks like it is playing but is not. It suggests that the codec is wrong but also recommends that it is dangerous to change it on your own. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need it to play audio files for work. Thanks...