Windows 10: Media player bug?

Discus and support Media player bug? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I play a video (on Youtube for example) with full screen on, the video will play for a few seconds then revert back to small screen and run... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Rhime, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Rhime Win User

Media player bug?

Whenever I play a video (on Youtube for example) with full screen on, the video will play for a few seconds then revert back to small screen and run another popup ad then play the video from the beginning again. This has been very annoying since the upgrade from Windows 7 since this never happened with Win 7.
    I'm not sure if it's a video driver since those are updated as are all Win 10 drivers and updates. my other thought is it's a popup issue since Win 10 doesn't seem to handle those as well as Win 7 did?
    Any help with this would be awesome!
    Thanks!

:)

Rhime, Sep 13, 2015

2. Media Player Windows 10 64bit new update today crashing

I don't have just Windows Media Player in the list...

Windows Media Player DVD

Windows Media Player Library

Windows Media Player Settings

TrinityBurak, Sep 13, 2015
  3. TerryRRP Win User
    media player

Using WIN 10 & Media Player. How to get Media Player to start/play automatically after insert CD? Media Player is my default player.

TerryRRP, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Media player bug?

What web browser are you using?

Rocky, Sep 13, 2015
  5. MIcrosoft has stopped paying royalties on codecs that they bundled in previous versions of the player. You need to use a third-party player, such as VLC Player (free in the Store). The cost of these royalties for copies of Windows 10 that they are giving away free could easily exceed a billion dollars.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    You don't need or use a media player to watch YouTube videos, you use a web browser.

Rocky, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Sounds more like an issue with Flash, although I thought YouTube was going to HTML5 and dumping flash. It isn't related to Media Player, though.

DeaconFrost, Sep 13, 2015
  8. Rhime Win User

Media player bug?

I'm using Edge currently...

Rhime, Sep 13, 2015
  9. This is only a work-around, but try Chrome. I've come across a few things that Edge has issues with, so I keep Chrome as a fall-back.

10. Rhime Win User
    What about Firefox? It's the only one I've ever used as an alternate browser.

Rhime, Sep 13, 2015
  11. PJLLB Win User
    Why Chrome or Firefox? IE doesn't do this and it's already on the machine.

PJLLB, Sep 13, 2015
  12. Its not only personal preferences, some things don't work right in IE or Edge that do work in Chrome and Firefox both. I have to use Firefox in order to view large proprietary files that are only available using the Olive eBook Reader. IE and Edge will not load pages past 750 but Chrome and Firefox do. These ebooks reach as much as 2000 pages. That is just one example.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  13. Media player bug?

IE isn't on the machine. Edge is, and it is a basic troubleshooting step to try and resolve the issue. Anytime you have an issue with a web page or web site, you try another browser. I always keep a second, because not every browser displays every page properly.

14. IE is on Windows 10. It is under All Apps/Windows Accessories
    Media player bug? [​IMG]

Cbarnhorst, Sep 13, 2015
  15. I didn't see it on either of my two systems with Windows 10 Home, but I'll look again. I still stand by my reasoning of having either Chrome or Firefox on a computer. It's nice to have something completely unrelated to try.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Media player bug?

1. Media player bug? - Similar Threads - Media player bug

2. Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.: Whenever a file is removed manually from a playlist on the Windows Media Player, at the bottom of the playlist, new "files" will appear at the bottom of the playlist, often times amalgamations of other songs in the playlist, or completely blank.This is incredibly...
  3. Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player bug with removed songs.: Whenever a file is removed manually from a playlist on the Windows Media Player, at the bottom of the playlist, new "files" will appear at the bottom of the playlist, often times amalgamations of other songs in the playlist, or completely blank.This is incredibly...
  4. media player

media player: I accidentally uninstalled media player. How do i reinstall in Windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/d8223aea-850c-4939-adff-0c510c8e9272
  5. Media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player: I have ripped and burned many cd's before and I am having a problem with one now as I put it in the media player and ripped it and then I put the cd in to burn it but the cd I just ripped can not be found and I tried over and over but it wont work and this has never ever...
  6. media player

in Windows 10 Customization
    media player: I can't play dvd that I used to be able to play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/cf056b81-46fd-4bd4-a0c2-6490722fb8d8
  7. media player is on

in Windows 10 Customization
    media player is on: I got a message that cyberlink media player is playing. I am trying to turn it off but cannot find any button for this action. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-is-on/637c2ccc-9109-46f8-b723-30eb672906b5
  8. Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player: How can I stop Media Player form opening every time I insert a SD card? I have tried five or six different ways and nothing can stop Media Palyer from opening the pictures every time I insert my SD card. It is really annoying....
  9. Media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media player: I have songs recorded on the media player. I would like to copy them to an ipod which has existing music. How do I do this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-player/9c9ae950-c081-46d1-b0ef-525ae8f8a3eb
  10. Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug

Windows Media Player - Right-Click & Selection Bug: I'd like to emphasise that I've experienced this issue on two fresh Windows 10 installations recently. In Windows Media Player, attempting to select or right-click anything results in a strange bug where the selection square is enlarged to the left, pushing the cursor to...