Windows 10: Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem

Discus and support Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, i need your help!*cry Im using MPC-HC, and the problem is i cant open mkv's videos which have HD resolution(720p,1080p,etc). before, when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Iwanstwn7, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Iwanstwn7 Win User

Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem

Hello, i need your help!*cry
    Im using MPC-HC, and the problem is i cant open mkv's videos which have HD resolution(720p,1080p,etc). before, when i played it on Windows 8.1 its working well, but now when im using Windows 10 why its always Stopped/sometimes Not responding!
    anyone know this problem?*Rolleyes or maybe you have suggestion/solution about this?

:)

Iwanstwn7, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Joal_o Win User

Video playback freezes Windows 10

I'm also having this problem. Video freezes for several seconds while audio continues to play.

Solution: install Media Player Classic Home Cinema

What's funny is that a free, open-source video player works far better than Microsoft's junk. Media Player Classic Home Cinema is an excellent media player; better than VLC, in my opinion. I haven't yet tested VLC to see whether it suffers from the problem.

Joal_o, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    Windows Media Player won't play VOB files on Windows 10

They play in "Media Player Classic-Home Cinema".

***If you rename the files to .MPG they play in Windows Media Player***

*** I have both LAV filters and FFDSHOW filters 32bit and 64bit versions installed. No other codec packs needed.

Ralf_G, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Joergi, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Harpert Win User
    I recommend using VLC player.
    It's free and plays "everything"

good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  6. werby Win User
    Hello Iwanstwn7,

Try to change video output settings.
    Go to View->Options/Playback/Output->DirectShow Video and choose the proper output (System Default, Overlay mixer Renderer, Enhanced Video Renderer etc.).
    On every change you have to restart MPC to take effect.

Hope this helps.*Party

werby, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Scramjet Win User
    I am running Media Player Classic HC x64 Build 1.5.2.3456 on Windows 10 Pro and all is working well. What version MPC-HC are you using?

Scramjet, Aug 17, 2015
  8. XweAponX Win User

MPC-HC probably won't run MKV's unless you install a codec for it, check here.

VLC has all the codecs you need native, so you don't need to install any extra codec packs for it.

XweAponX, Aug 17, 2015
  9. Scramjet Win User
    I didn't install any codecs in Windows 10 but some pc builds may have to for any player. I play 99% mkv files. They are Bluray rips and size are from 9gb-25gb. Codecs are great to have in case you come across some video files that require them. Hope it works out for you.

cheers

Scramjet, Aug 17, 2015
  10. Iwanstwn7 Win User
    I installed the lasted version and i'd install for Mega, so its included codec tool. my driver AMD Catalyst has the lastest version too.*Think

Iwanstwn7, Aug 17, 2015
  11. Iwanstwn7 Win User
    tried it and still crash. i dunno why, but i'll try for clean install again later*Think

Iwanstwn7, Aug 17, 2015
  12. phabran Win User
    Thank you. It worked very well.

phabran, Nov 13, 2015
  13. Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem

My problem with Media Player Classic is that every video that I play within it has the edge cut off all 4 sides, regardless of Aspect Ratio. In short, it's never quite full screen! From what I recall, this started after I downloaded one of the early Windows 10 cumulative updates around the second week in August.

I should also note that when I played video on MPC on my wife's Laptop, which is exactly the same as mine, but with Windows 8.1, it played Full Screen, with no edges cut off, so it clearly IS a Windows 10 compatibility issue of some sort!

What I would like very much to know is whether there's a fix for this, or if I'm stuck with this unfortunate issue?

CHEERS!

Tboneator64, Nov 21, 2015
  14. For anyone else who might be experiencing this issue, the November Windows 10 update 1511 build fixed mine!

CHEERS! *Smile

Tboneator64, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem - Similar Threads - Media Player Classic

2. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  3. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  4. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Changing Icons for Media Player Classic: I'd like to change the icons for media player classic. I know it's not a big deal, but I like things to look a certain way and would like to change the old crappy ones. https://i.imgur.com/kTOn151.jpg In the pic above I've been able to change the main icon as you can see in...
  6. Media Player Classic - suddenly no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player Classic - suddenly no sound: Until yesterday, Media Player Classic was working perfectly. Now there is no sound, and I can see that there is a small cross (x) next to the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner. I've tried everything, but can't get the sound back. I have no sound issues with other...
  7. Media Player Classic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Classic: I was asked how I wanted to open a video I wanted to watch. I chose Media Player Classic which was the wrong choice. Now every time I want to open that video it defaults to Media Player Classic which says " Cannot render file" I tried resetting defaults but that doesn't...
  8. MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC: whenever i minimize my media player, the video or audio file playing automatically get paused, it really pisses me off. Microsoft is a multi billion dollar company and they made such a useless media player they it wont play when minimized, i mean its a shame and slap on the...
  9. Media Player Classic Installation Stuck

Media Player Classic Installation Stuck: Hello Everyone , just updated my os from win 7 to 10, till now no problem , unless with k-lite codec i installed it, i can launch it , and it works without problem but installation stuck at 100% see picture below 49531
  10. VLC Player vs Media Classic Player

VLC Player vs Media Classic Player: Which do you prefer, and why? 21697