Windows 10: Media Player Help!!!!??

Discus and support Media Player Help!!!!?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an older PC laptop that has been giving me problems for a while. I took it somewhere to be fixed more than once and it didn't help. I don't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zay1081, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Zay1081 Win User

Media Player Help!!!!??

I have an older PC laptop that has been giving me problems for a while. I took it somewhere to be fixed more than once and it didn't help. I don't use my computer for much these days, just pictures and music and the occasional internet search but I use my phone for most things. I finally decided to do a factory reset and start fresh. I backed up all my pictures and music onto a flash drive and let it rip. Once it did its thing, I went ahead and updated to Windows 10. Its running so much better I can hardly believe its the same computer-BUT- I uploaded my music back on and it wont play. I used to use the media player to burn mix CD's for the car... Nope. HELP! I fear I've lost everything. I downloaded the VLC but its just so not at all what I'm used to and I have no idea how to burn anything with it. Is there any other way..? I checked the "defaults" too, they appear to be right. I'm not good at these things, I need guidance *cry

When I click a song to play, it gives me the message about codec not supported...

:)

Zay1081, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Srimadhwa B, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Windows media player is running, turn off media player, then get messages that windows media player (library) is corrupt

<Original title: need help with media player>

in windows 10 getting messages that windows media player is running, turn off media player, then get messages that windows media player (library) is corrupt, dont know how to turn player off and what to do about corrupt library, please help

MarieDiazLJ, Jan 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Media Player Help!!!!??

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  5. Zay1081 Win User
    Zay1081, Jan 29, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If you worry about that site, use this one.

K-Lite Codec Pack 14.15 (Full)

I have K-Lite installed myself.
    Windows Media Player is very restricted in file formats. K-Lite codec will solve that problem.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  7. Zay1081 Win User
    It worked!!! Thank you so much for your help!! The first link just kept redirecting me to a new page every time I tried to progress and I felt like I was going in circles. It is of course, very possible that I wasn't clicking on the right things in the first place. Doesn't matter- seems to be working now!! Thanks for bringing my music back to life!! *Biggrin

Zay1081, Jan 29, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Media Player Help!!!!??

Wonderful.
    Now turn down your music. Media Player Help!!!!?? :)

Please mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I'm glad that the suggestion to download K-lite from davidhk worked. I don't know why VLC needed a codedec pack to work though. I have never installed any codedecs and VLC and MPC-HC play all my audio and video files.

Winuser, Jan 29, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    His WMP must be the default, so whenever he plays music it goes to WMP. That's why he needs K-Lite.
    VLC never comes into the equation.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
  12. davidhk Win User
    ............... I downloaded the VLC but its just so not at all what I'm used to and I have no idea how to burn anything with it. Is there any other way..?

The OP has problem using VLC. Obviously he prefers WMP which he is used to.
    Hence my suggestion of K-lite.

My objective is to give him what he wants. Not to tell him how to use something he is not familiar with.
    If he wants to know how to use VLC, he can ask the question separately or in a new thread.

davidhk, Jan 29, 2016
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

Media Player Help!!!!??

Sounds like it hurts if you have to learn something new.

BTW - with K-lite you can really mess up your system. Not always, but sometimes.

14. Winuser Win User
    On the video forum that I'm a member of it is always suggested to only install the codec that you need and never install the whole codec pack.

Winuser, Jan 29, 2016
  15. K-Lite actually takes care of everything "bad". It is like a codec fix.

About the K-Lite Codec Pack

If people prefer to use an outdated WMP, K-Lite is a must.

TairikuOkami, Jan 29, 2016
Thema:

Media Player Help!!!!??

1. Media Player Help!!!!?? - Similar Threads - Media Player Help

2. Media Player 11 No Crossfade - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player 11 No Crossfade - HELP!: Media Player 11 Version 11.2301.27.0 Can't seem to find any way of getting crossfade to work, there is no menu at all that will let me toggle it on. When I click the 3 dots Bottom Right it shows a menu but nowhere does it mention crossfade. The menu shows:...
  3. Media Player 11 No Crossfade - HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player 11 No Crossfade - HELP!: Media Player 11 Version 11.2301.27.0 Can't seem to find any way of getting crossfade to work, there is no menu at all that will let me toggle it on. When I click the 3 dots Bottom Right it shows a menu but nowhere does it mention crossfade. The menu shows:...
  4. media player

media player: I accidentally uninstalled media player. How do i reinstall in Windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player/d8223aea-850c-4939-adff-0c510c8e9272
  5. Windows Media Player help not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player help not working: I'm using Windows 10, and Google Chrome.WMP refuses to load its own help, and seems to want Edge. How do I get it to open in Chrome please?I have no idea which version of WMP it is, as it refuses to tell me!...
  6. Windows Media Player help not working

Windows Media Player help not working: I'm using Windows 10, and Google Chrome.WMP refuses to load its own help, and seems to want Edge. How do I get it to open in Chrome please?I have no idea which version of WMP it is, as it refuses to tell me!...
  7. Windows Media Player help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player help: Accidentally set .ytd to open with a media playerWindows Media Player, how do I get them to open as folders again??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-help/d02ef989-a239-48ff-b80c-df29bd5c2f47
  8. Windows Media Player - help or replace

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player - help or replace: Okay, I know windows media player is no longer supported. I've had this issue for a while. I plug my phone (andriod, motorola) into my PC and windows media player pops up. On the right side of the window it has a picture of an ipod or something, with a yellow arrow and the...
  9. Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player: How can I stop Media Player form opening every time I insert a SD card? I have tried five or six different ways and nothing can stop Media Palyer from opening the pictures every time I insert my SD card. It is really annoying....
  10. Win 10 Media Player HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Media Player HELP: I would like to add music to my win 10 media player that I have on a disc but don't seem to be able to get it done. If anyone can tell me how I think I can follow their advice - but please keep in mind that I am not very computer literate - so it may require a "dummies...