Windows 10: Media Player in Win 10

Discus and support Media Player in Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Seems like .flac files skip in Windows Media Player 12.0 in Windows 10 50602 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AFTommy, May 16, 2016.

1. AFTommy Win User

Media Player in Win 10

Seems like .flac files skip in Windows Media Player 12.0 in Windows 10

:)

AFTommy, May 16, 2016
  2. TerryRRP Win User

media player

Using WIN 10 & Media Player. How to get Media Player to start/play automatically after insert CD? Media Player is my default player.

TerryRRP, May 16, 2016
  3. chasw98 Win User
    Media Player plays movie on DVD but does not play movie that is on disk (HD).

The Media Player (ver. 12) or Media Center Player plays movie that is on a DVD but does not play the movie on the hard disk.

This is a problem on Win 8.1 pro and Win 10 home.

It works on Win 7.

The movie is not in a library - is this a requirement?

How do I get the Media Player or Media Center to play a movie that is on the hard drive?

chasw98, May 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Media Player in Win 10

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  5. strollin Win User
    If you're going to try a different Media Player, try Daum PotPlayer. It's much better than VLC.

strollin, May 16, 2016
  6. AFTommy Win User
    thank you Strollin its a very capable player

AFTommy, May 16, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Don't convert FLAC to mp3 -- why convert a Lossless format to a Lossy format -- unless you can get 320 kb/s using Mp3's will disappoint when you play on any serious decent equipment -- if you are using those hideous cheap bud earphones - especially the white ones -- where the people around you hear more of the "music" than you do - then OK but on decent equipment forget the whole idea of FLAC to MP3 conversion.

While I like VLC there are loads of capable players out there that will do flac --including the old "Venerable" Winamp --yes it still works on W10. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2016
  8. Brian k Win User

Media Player in Win 10

After I got a new player named 5KPlayer, I no longer use VLC. 5KPlayer can play FLAC and more video audio formats that I know.

Brian k, May 19, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Good for you.
    Just one question, if I may :
    What video and audio formats you have found that won't work in VLC ?

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Media Player in Win 10

1. Media Player in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.: Instead, what I receive is an error message, stating: "We failed to edit some of the properties in this flac file. Your flac file was not edited," or some variation of that. A bit of googling showed this could be a read-only issue, but no amount of toggling with that option...
  3. Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add album artwork to my music files, but Windows Media Player can't accomplish that.: Instead, what I receive is an error message, stating: "We failed to edit some of the properties in this flac file. Your flac file was not edited," or some variation of that. A bit of googling showed this could be a read-only issue, but no amount of toggling with that option...
  4. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  5. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  6. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...: it also doesn't let me move the bar as it is grayed out as well I have tried reinstalling but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-let-me-skip-30-seconds/9c119567-99a5-4873-b3c7-1ceab8b7c2ec
  8. Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...

Media player will not let me skip 30 seconds forward or skip 10 seconds backwards and is...: it also doesn't let me move the bar as it is grayed out as well I have tried reinstalling but nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-let-me-skip-30-seconds/9c119567-99a5-4873-b3c7-1ceab8b7c2ec
  9. Windows Media Player question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Media Player question: So I usually select a bunch of songs into a playlist in WMP. Then I switch to the playlist view because I want to be able to see the list at all times. But If I want to skip one of the tracks and click on it, the playlist view switches back to the visualisation view. Is there...
  10. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...