Windows 10: Media Player

Discus and support Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For years, I've been using MS Media Player. It took me a while to learn the interface on the last couple versions, but I finally did, and then Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016.

1. cfuglein Win User

Media Player

For years, I've been using MS Media Player. It took me a while to learn the interface on the last couple versions, but I finally did, and then Windows 10 doesn't have it any more.

I am NOT an audio file. I've got cheap speakers that are good enough for me, and I don't really listen to music on my computer much anyway. What I'm really looking for is something that will rip and store the music I do have, and then allow me to make playlists which I play on my MP3 player.

Which media player has the easiest interface for ripping, cataloging, and creating playlists? Any suggestions?

(I'm old, now, at 68. I was an early adopter of computers in 1980 with my TRS-80 and ZX-80, and I got lost in space about the time they came out with Windows 95, and haven't found my way back since, so be kind with your answer please. I'm worse than a NOOB.)

Thanks,
    Carl

Just when I thought I knew everything, they started changing crap around.

:)

cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016

2. Media Player Windows 10 64bit new update today crashing

I don't have just Windows Media Player in the list...

Windows Media Player DVD

Windows Media Player Library

Windows Media Player Settings

TrinityBurak, Jan 25, 2016
  3. TerryRRP Win User
    media player

Using WIN 10 & Media Player. How to get Media Player to start/play automatically after insert CD? Media Player is my default player.

TerryRRP, Jan 25, 2016
  4. glhs958 Win User

Media Player

Carl Windows Media Player can be found by clicking the "start button/all apps/windows accessories/windows media player"

glhs958, Jan 25, 2016
  5. pat247 Win User
    Media player is still in Win 10, media center is not. I have been a user of media player for many years and still do so in win 10. I have a pretty extensive music collection that I have ripped to mp3 at 192kbts, 115K songs takes up 440GB of storage. I use media player to sort, identify and play the music so I need to be able to move songs in and out of the library quickly and easily and with media player it is a snap.

pat247, Jan 25, 2016
  6. cfuglein Win User
    You are my new best friend. I never even thought to look for it since I had read reviews that said the Media Center was gone. I never really used that, just Media Player.

Thanks so much.

cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016
  7. cfuglein Win User
    Thanks also for replying. Looks like both of you posted about the same time. You, too, are my other new best friend.

cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016
  8. cfuglein Win User

Media Player

Now the question remains. For when MS no longer supports Media Player, which new media player has the best interface?

cfuglein, Jan 25, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Who said Windows will no longer support Media Player ?

Where did you find that claim ?

There is no indication from Microsoft that they will be dumping Media Player. Do you have an inside track on this matter ?

davidhk, Jan 25, 2016
  10. -Just in case, I use: 'mediamonkey' as a music interface, it does everything I need. -and the name is cool.

DaveGrant01, Jan 25, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't see MS dropping Media Player anytime in the future.

BunnyJ, Jan 25, 2016
  12. swarfega Win User
    They just haven't updated it in a long time.

swarfega, Jan 25, 2016
  13. cfuglein Win User

Media Player

I found no claim of that, I merely anticipated that someday, MS will stop supporting it, just like they have dropped support of almost every other software they've written eventually. My favorite piece of software was MS Streets and Trips, and they dropped it. They're dropping XP. etc,. etc.

cfuglein, Jan 28, 2016
  14. PJLLB Win User
    This may be true but it doesn't really mean anything. I use WMP extensively (including as a DLNA server and controller) and have noted no bugs or improvements that need to be fixed or added. Maybe I'm just missing the bugs or missing functionality, but as they say, "If it isn't broken don't fix it."

PJLLB, Jan 28, 2016
  15. PJLLB Win User
    XP is an operating first released in October 2001 so it is, in computer terms, antiquated in design, functionality and security. It was replaced by Vista in January 2007. Microsoft ended support of XP on April 8, 2014, yes almost 13 years after its first release. So I would not exactly say Microsoft "dropped" XP. Rather, I would say they evolved their operating system to a much more modern version that supports today's technologies whereas XP cannot. Just my opinion...and now back to the topic of this thread <sorry>.

PJLLB, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Media Player

1. Media Player - Similar Threads - Media Player

2. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  3. Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Media Player Legacy on my HP Laptop not detect a blank CD-R disc?: I am trying to burn music from a wave file to a blank cdr on my hp laptop. It does not recognize the new blank cd repeatedly. What's going on?...
  4. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  5. how to start showing history when opening Media Player?

how to start showing history when opening Media Player?: Media Player sowing history on videos viewed at home for work I downloaded. They should be for me viewing only. I cannot find they option. I like the view but this is a problem for my working at home....
  6. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  7. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player: Win10 file explorer always complains needing more space and that amount of space is exactly the total file size I want to burn into DVD disc. But, I can burn the same set of files, media files only, via window media player included in win10....
  8. Not able to burn files via file Explorer while I can burn files via window media player

9. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....
  10. Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.

Windows 11 Media Player audio slider wont adjust volume.: when using the Default Media Player the volume slider does nothing to actually change the volume. The regular master volume slider Still works but all other sliders, including the app sliders in the volume mixer do not work or do anything to change the volume....