Windows 10: Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters

Discus and support Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a friends computer that was recently installed windows 10 April update in English, for some reason the media players (WMP, VLC) are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by avismile10, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters

Hi,

I have a friends computer that was recently installed windows 10 April update in English, for some reason the media players (WMP, VLC) are displaying most Hebrew characters as Gibberish, why? and how could i fix it?

What i already tried:
    1. set non Unicode programs to Hebrew
    2. set location to Israel

Attached is two screen-shots of the Media players.

Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters [​IMG]

Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

:)

avismile10, Jul 9, 2016
  2. VVMM Win User

Romanian characters

Hello!

I have a phone with Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional and I use files and file names (even mp3 music) that contain Romanian characters. The old Romanian characters from Windows XP (ş and ţ) are displayed correctly on my phone, but the new characters from Windows
    Vista and 7 (ș and ț) are displayed like squares in File Explorer, Windows Media Player and even in Office Mobile 2010!

What do I have to do to correctly display the Romanian characters?

Note: Other programs like the ones from HTC (Media player, Touch Flo... etc.) are displaying the characters correctly.

VVMM, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Awa197 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition is not displaying non-Unicode characters well.

My PC is in English(US) language, and I have some apps that display characters in Chinese Simplified(China). The display of Chinese characters usually works normally, but for few apps, all the Chinese characters are displayed as REPLACEMENT CHARACTER (U+FFFD).

I know, there is a way to solve this problem, which is going to Region>Administrative>Language for non-Unicode Programs, and switch the language to the desired one. My friends solved their problem with this solution, but no luck for me.

I can't find anymore solution from the web. Please help.

Awa197, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters

1. Media Players: Issue displaying non English characters - Similar Threads - Media Players Issue

2. media player not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media player not displaying: I cannot see a media player for windows11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-not-displaying/8b2a5bfd-1e2e-45e1-ab8a-e198f20338f8
  3. media player not displaying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media player not displaying: I cannot see a media player for windows11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-not-displaying/8b2a5bfd-1e2e-45e1-ab8a-e198f20338f8
  4. An media player open issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An media player open issue: my laptop was stuck in restart, thats why, I formatted it with keep my files option. After it my study media player is not starting .It showing following reasons-1. may be c drive has not free space.2. may be you want to open two playes at same time. plzz help....
  5. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  6. Media Player Ripping Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Media Player Ripping Issues: When I try to Rip a CD, the program closes after a couple seconds. All I get in the folder is the track numbers but otherwise it is empty. Why and what do I need to change??...
  7. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with VLC Media Player: Hi; I [finally] migrated from Windows 7 (ultimate) to Windows 10 (pro) on Jan 1. So far, I am pretty happy with the OS; much more so than when I first installed 10 as a 2nd OS in a multiple boot system (sharing with Win 7 & Ubuntu). That was back in 2016. It appears that...
  8. Windows Media Player issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player issue: When using WMP 12 on Windows 10, i noticed it acting differently from when it was on Windows 7. When you go into any bands albums section, where the have more than one album, lets say for this example, The Beatles. We all know how big they're collection is, when you include...
  9. windows media player issue

windows media player issue: why does windows media player have to retrieve all my music every time i open it? it takes several hours each time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-issue/d7c2462c-6118-43d1-b1cc-46ce04822d97
  10. Media Player File Issue

Media Player File Issue: We use Media Player for our stored music library. There are approximately 250,000 individual audio files in the library. Media Player consistently cannot "find" the files and reports that the files are "missing", which they are not. The same files when access from a play list...