Windows 10: Media server not showing folders.

Discus and support Media server not showing folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I will try to explain this as good as i can, when i'm accessing my media library on the computer with my phone it does show all movies/songs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bleppe, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Bleppe Win User

Media server not showing folders.

Hi

I will try to explain this as good as i can, when i'm accessing my media library on the computer with my phone it does show all movies/songs in the same folder. I have chosen to share different folders like, E:\movies E:\kids E:\adults C:\user\*\videos. all those folders are shown as only one folder on the device i'm accessing my library with. Sub-folders within the paths does show.

In Windows 7 the folders did not batch up as only one folder, each path was shown separately.

I hope you understand what i mean.

:)

Bleppe, Dec 21, 2015
  2. RomanJR Win User

Windows media player library not showing to other DLNA players

Hi,

I have Windows 10 enterprise 64 bit (clean install) machine with media files in custom folders and I would like to use media player as DLNA server. I set up my library in media players so it shows all of these files. I turned on the streaming to other devices.

I can successfuly connect from other devices (samsung smart TV, android phone with various DLNA player software) to my windows 10 machine. But I cannot see nor play any of the files/folders in my library - all it shows are empty default folders.

When I set up different DLNA server (e.g. plex server) on my windows 10 machine media is visible to the players. But I would like to keep my media library management as easy as possible that is why I would like to use media player streaming capabilities.

I never tried setting up DLNA server with previous version of windows and media player so maybe I just lack the neccesary experience for this.

Could anyone help?

I did copy some media to default media library folders for my user.

I already tried deleting cache in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player.

RomanJR, Dec 21, 2015
  3. after 10586, DLNA-based media streaming not working

Windows 10 Pro. Prior to 10586, DLNA-based media streaming (using "Playon" media server) working fine.

After 10586, doesn't work, finds folders on media server, but says no files present in the folders.

Reverted from 10586.

ChuckGrandgent, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Bleppe Win User

Is it only me who have this problem? Or is there any fix?

Bleppe, Dec 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Media server not showing folders. - Similar Threads - Media server showing

2. PC not showing up in Network folder on my Server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC not showing up in Network folder on my Server: I have no idea why but my server won't show me my main PC in my Network Folder yet it still connects to it via IP.Windows specificationsEdition: Windows Server 2019 Standard EvaluationVersion: 1809 Installed on: ‎01/‎02/‎2020 EuropeanOS build: 17763.737...
  3. PC not showing up in Network folder on my Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not showing up in Network folder on my Server: I have no idea why but my server won't show me my main PC in my Network Folder yet it still connects to it via IP.Windows specificationsEdition: Windows Server 2019 Standard EvaluationVersion: 1809 Installed on: ‎01/‎02/‎2020 EuropeanOS build: 17763.737...
  4. PC not showing up in Network folder on my Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Media server stops?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Media server stops?: I run the latest version of Windows 10 Professional. Media server is enabled, and works fine when the computer is active showing the desktop. Sleep, hibernation, and hybrid sleep are all set to never. The screen blaks after 10 minutes. Drives are set to never shut down. With...
  6. media servers

media servers: i have around 40 media servers showing, all are grayed out. How can I get rid of all these ghosts ? My media section on the netgear genie has been all unchecked and server name removed....
  7. Media Server Software

Media Server Software: Hello! I have been using my pc as a Media Server from my Sharp Smart Tv. However it is very hit and miss. Like this morning, first of all the TV couldn't see the pc as a server, then after a couple of minutes it could. Then it could see the directories but not the files, then...
  8. Emby Media Server

Emby Media Server: Hello! I have installed Emby Media Server as a try out. It's not for me, but how do I get rid of it. It doesn't show in "add or remove programs". I now want to give Plex another go, but I need to remove Emby. I used to use win10, but that now doesn't seem to work. Cheers,...
  9. Media Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Server: Hello! I have a Sharp Smart Tv that I used to stream my photos, music and videos to. However now when I try to access the "Media Server" from the tv, I get "No server Found". I have checked the tv and no updates have been performed. The pc which is running Win 10 Home,...
  10. Genie Media Server

Genie Media Server: Does anyone know the product code for Genie Media Server? I'm trying to uninstall it ... but it's not on my Programs and Features list. The Fixit utility asks me for the product number....