Windows 10: Media Tool installation boot issue

Discus and support Media Tool installation boot issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 and used the media creation tool on my usb flash drive. I've changed the fast boot option in my bios to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluechill911, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Media Tool installation boot issue

I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 and used the media creation tool on my usb flash drive. I've changed the fast boot option in my bios to disabled. When I run the program, I choose not to check for updates now, because I've already been through it on this Windows. Then, it goes through the preparing process, and after the restart, I go through the blue Windows logo, which takes about 30 seconds to see the spinning wheel. Here comes the problem, once that screen fades away, a screen comes up as if I was booting from the USB device, which I can't do since I have to upgrade rather than clean install. Initially, the farthest I ever got was by using the check for updates program when I had my reserve. I cannot do that anymore because I thought reinstalling Windows would solve my problems, but it has created more. I need help.

:)

Bluechill911, Aug 14, 2015

2. How to I reset Windows 10 again?

Hi Noah,

In this case, you can use the media creation tool to create a installation media and then boot from the installation media to perform a reset. Refer to this article to downlaod the media creation tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Bennet Martin, Aug 14, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows boot error

OK, you will need Windows 10 installation Media to fix this issue . . .

If you do not have Windows 10 Installation Media Click HERE to download the Media Creation Tool (Click
    on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 4GB) using that tool or create the ISO file which you can later burn to DVD

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS)

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 10, instead on the first or second screen, click 'Repair this PC', the repair will probably fail, then click 'Advanced Options' and go to Command Prompt

Run these commands, one at a time:

bootrec /FixMbr

bootrec /FixBoot

bootrec /ScanOs

bootrec /RebuildBcd

Exit the Recovery environment, remove the installation media and see if Windows 10 boots

If Windows 10 does not boot, then boot from the Installation Media and go back into Command Prompt and run these commands, one at a time:

attrib -r -s -h c:\boot\bcd

del c:\boot\bcd

bcdboot C:\windows

Exit the Recovery environment, remove the installation media and see if Windows 10 boots

DaveM121, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Media Tool installation boot issue

1. Media Tool installation boot issue - Similar Threads - Media Tool installation

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. booting a install media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    booting a install media: when i ask the bois to boot from the usb it reads the usb then doesn't boot the install media instead it reboots by it selfthen i do the same thing nothing do you know what im doing wrong...
  5. Upgraded with Media Tool, no boot disk

Upgraded with Media Tool, no boot disk: Hi, Itried to upgrade keeping files and apps using the media creation tool. After doing its thing and restarting a couple of times, it would not start on the third start up, saying there is no boot disc. I inserted a bootable USB drive and was told that an upgrade is in...
  6. Media Creation Tool Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Issues: I've been trying to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download an os for my new PC but it seems to force close after I answer the question about language and version. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  7. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Media Creation Tool installation media query: Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903...
  8. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media: I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error: "There was a problem...
  9. Media Installation tool on Linux

Media Installation tool on Linux: Want to clean install Win10 on SSD. Running on Linux CD presently. How do I get Media Installation tool if running Linux? 84801
  10. Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool: I want to install Win10 on a USB, simples BUT will the MCT let me do this NO! It's trying to reinstall it on my PC even though I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions here. Anyone know how I can download Win10 without having to go through the MCT so I can have a fresh...