Windows 10: media

Discus and support media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded with both desk and laptop but created my installation media with the desktop only. Do I need to make a disc with the laptop also?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maranna, Aug 31, 2015.

1. maranna Win User

media

I upgraded with both desk and laptop but created my installation media with the desktop only.
    Do I need to make a disc with the laptop also?
    Incidentally, maybe 2 discs are a good idea regardless in case one beaks, but I wondered if the laptop needs its own disc to be created by it to be recognized?

:)

maranna, Aug 31, 2015

2. Chromium as default browser windows 10

You are not understanding the problem clearly. I should be able to choose whatever exe I want to handle the protocol. What application it is does not matter. If a program can register itself in the list, and I allow it, what is the difference if I can
    choose a custom one? There is no difference. It is a not a security feature, because either way, I am allowing it. Since Windows 10 does not provide a way for a user to register an exe for handling web protocols manually, this question (and How to add a new program to default program list
    ) should clearly be taken as a feature request or request for what registry changes need to be made in order add it without a UI if it is not yet in the UI.

Axle Media, Aug 31, 2015
  3. windows 10 Version 1607 removed Canon i960 printer that had been working, how do I get working again?

Please provide steps when you post a solution. I have the same problem, I am only teased by this taste of victory. Please at least say whether you got it via the "printer utility tool"

mentioned in one of the replies, via a Windows 10 built-in driver, or via a download from a non-microsoft website such as Canon's.

Axle Media, Aug 31, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

media

No, you can use the same media(ISO) for both your desktop and laptop.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 31, 2015
  5. maranna Win User

maranna, Aug 31, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    If you got the ISO from the MS media creation tool that's perfectly valid and you can use that on your desktop/laptop.

BunnyJ, Aug 31, 2015
  7. maranna Win User
    Please disregard anything in this post as it was an error.

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

media

1. media - Similar Threads - media

2. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291: Hi, I am trying to install the Media Feature pack, but I don't get the 'Optional Features' option to choose when following these instructions on this page - Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022 - Microsoft SupportInstructions:On Windows 10 N: Select the Start...
  3. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291: Hi, I am trying to install the Media Feature pack, but I don't get the 'Optional Features' option to choose when following these instructions on this page - Media Feature Pack for Windows 10/11 N September 2022 - Microsoft SupportInstructions:On Windows 10 N: Select the Start...
  4. I am trying to get windows 10 22h2 and i can't locate Media Feature Pack OS Build 19045.4291

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  6. Media Feature Pack WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Feature Pack WIndows 11: I have just purchased a new laptop running WIndows 11 Home edition. I am unable to find the media feature pack for this OPS. All downloads I can find are for WIndows N 10/11, and I'm not sure if this is for my system. If there is a link available to the correct download I...
  7. Media Feature Pack WIndows 11

Media Feature Pack WIndows 11: I have just purchased a new laptop running WIndows 11 Home edition. I am unable to find the media feature pack for this OPS. All downloads I can find are for WIndows N 10/11, and I'm not sure if this is for my system. If there is a link available to the correct download I...
  8. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  9. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?: Microsoft expects everyone to move to a media player that: cannot add album art or edit details of FLAC files WMP can, remove specific albums or songs from your library WMP can, or edit details of multiple songs at a time WMP can??Why exactly is Microsoft forcing a media...
  10. Why is Media Player missing important functionality from Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging