Windows 10: MediaCreationTool.exe

Discus and support MediaCreationTool.exe in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 for free. I have a windows 8 key. If I re-install windows 10 via USB, then my windows 8 key won't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Schanzation, Aug 7, 2016.

1. MediaCreationTool.exe

Hello! I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 for free. I have a windows 8 key. If I re-install windows 10 via USB, then my windows 8 key won't work. Is there a way I can install windows 10 directly via USB without having to install windows 8 first then upgrade to 10? thanks.

I used nirsoft's productkey software to find my key. Will that key work if I re-install windows 10 with usb?

Also, the Windows MediaCreationTool does it download my current version of Windows 10 or latest version of windows? I want to download iso file of latest windows 10 version and wondering if MediaCreatonTool does that.

:)

Schanzation, Aug 7, 2016

2. MediaCreationTool.exe Fail

Hello Community

From 7:26am 7/16 to 7:30pm I've been using your software. With a flash drive is were I told to install the download. The drive is 16GB and now it has zero byte. Windows request that the drive be format, its a nice relic. This screenshot is saddening.

Contact customer support Error code:0x80004005-0xA0019 Regards
    MediaCreationTool.exe [​IMG]

Redscarlett, Aug 7, 2016
  3. MediaCreationTool.exe Fail

I'll have to do it over the weekend. Since it took me 12 hours process. Thank you Andre for your advice to try again.

My other drive 512 GB SSD isn't working. WSUS upgrade has given me the black screen of death. With this single message MEDIA CENTER . . . .

Regards

Redscarlett, Aug 7, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

MediaCreationTool.exe

The media creation tool currently downloads the latest version of Windows 10. Make sure you have the latest copy of the tool.

If you have upgraded your Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and it was activated, you can perform a clean install of Windows 10 without needing to use any product key.
    Windows 10 will install and become activated using the Digital Entitlement that you received, and is on the Microsoft servers, when you upgraded the first time, as long as you are reinstalling on the same computer.

During the installation, when it wants a product key, just select I don't have a key, and continue.

pbcopter, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Perfect. Thank you pbcopter *Smile Do you know if it has any benefits doing a clean install via iso file on USB instead of re-installing windows via windows 10 settings?

Schanzation, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MediaCreationTool.exe

1. MediaCreationTool.exe - Similar Threads - MediaCreationTool exe

2. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  3. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  4. Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool

Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool: I bought a windows 10 home key so that i could upgrade from my current version: windows 7 ultimateWanting to upgrade the computer i downloaded the windows 10 media creation tool.The windows 10 setup automatically selects pro and i cant select home as a option.How can i force...
  5. Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool: I bought a windows 10 home key so that i could upgrade from my current version: windows 7 ultimateWanting to upgrade the computer i downloaded the windows 10 media creation tool.The windows 10 setup automatically selects pro and i cant select home as a option.How can i force...
  6. Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?: The "Donwload Windows 11" webpage gives you 2 options: 1. Using MediaCreationTool to create a bootable USB; 2. Downloading the ISO of Windows in order to make a bootable USB by yourself. My question: Does MediaCreationTool use the EXACT SAME VERSION/BUILD as the...
  8. MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?

MediaCreationTool vs ISO. Same identical source?: The "Donwload Windows 11" webpage gives you 2 options: 1. Using MediaCreationTool to create a bootable USB; 2. Downloading the ISO of Windows in order to make a bootable USB by yourself. My question: Does MediaCreationTool use the EXACT SAME VERSION/BUILD as the...
  9. How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?

How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?: I had all my important files in the USB stick and I had to install the MediaCreationTool for something else but when I installed it, I noticed that all my saved files were completely ERASED, I've ran scan through a couple Data Recovery applications but they don't seem to...
  10. How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I recover my files that got deleted after installing MediaCreationTool on an USB stick?: I had all my important files in the USB stick and I had to install the MediaCreationTool for something else but when I installed it, I noticed that all my saved files were completely ERASED, I've ran scan through a couple Data Recovery applications but they don't seem to...