Windows 10: MediaCreationTool Gives Useless Message

Discus and support MediaCreationTool Gives Useless Message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 7 64 Ultimate and I am trying to run the MediaCreationTool64 from Microsoft. When I run it, I get the very helpful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tbaxter, Aug 20, 2015.

1. tbaxter Win User

MediaCreationTool Gives Useless Message

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 64 Ultimate and I am trying to run the MediaCreationTool64 from Microsoft. When I run it, I get the very helpful message shown below.

At least it's nice to see Windows 10 is carrying on the long-standing Windows tradition of supplying useful and actionable information in their error messages. Thank you, Microsoft.

MediaCreationTool Gives Useless Message [​IMG]

:)

tbaxter, Aug 20, 2015

2. "Restoring your previous version of windows" Windows 10

Hi,

I was waiting for windows 10 upgrade notification to show up but it did not show up so I decided to use MediaCreationTool.

I have to pc one running on Windows 7 home premium (original) and an other is running windows 8.1 (student).

On windows 8.1 (student) system when I used MediaCreationTool-> upgrade this pc it gives Something Happened message. So I created a USB media drive with MediaCreationTool and tried to install but this case it shows error in my product key which I cross checked
    so many time with product key which I got from microsoft for my Windows 8.1 student ver. So it stuck there.

On Windows 7 home premium System tried same MediaCreationTool-> upgrade this pc it gives same Something Happened error message.

I tried other option with USB. In this system this setup didn't asked for product key and start installing but after upgrading around 80% it says "Restoring your previous version of windows"

Tried two times same result so this system stucks

RajeshMajumder, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Cannot reset, restore, open task manager, open resource monitor, and a number of other things

I tried running that tool, and it gave me an error message: Windows cannot find "c\users\teamhartinger\downloads\mediacreationtool(1).exe. Make sure you typed that name correctly, and then try again.

It gives me that message anytime I try to open anything besides games and the internet. That's the same message it gives me when I try to access the task manager. If I try to run Malwarebytes, I get the same message too.

RavenHartinger, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. MediaCreationTool Gives Useless Message - Similar Threads - MediaCreationTool Useless Message

2. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  3. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  4. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  5. Defender delivering useless messages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender delivering useless messages: Latest Defender scan found issues for 10 apps. Did it give the name of the apps? NO! Did it give any recommendations? NO? We've been putting up with this nonsense since day 1 of MSDOS. I guess it won't stop until a few of these idiot developers are boiled oil, obviously...
  6. ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool: My Windows version is V1903 OS Build 18362.476; at least reported by winver? Windows Update V1909/KB4517245 trashed my system. Oh well. I want to download an ISO so I can initiate a repair. The problem is I need to know if the ISO I have is good. I think its wonderful...
  7. MediacreationTool Fehler

MediacreationTool Fehler: Beim Installieren des Mediact auf meinem USB-Stick wird der Fehler angezeigt: 0x80070005 möchte Windows 10 PRO auf mein neuen pc installieren Danke, im voraus....
  8. MediaCreationTool on USB

MediaCreationTool on USB: My computer has not been booting properly, and I was told the best option was to install Windows on a USB using MediaCreationTool and go from there. However I'm only able to get onto my desktop using Safe Mode with Networking, and whenever I click setup on my USB it says...
  9. mediacreationtool not working (anymore)

mediacreationtool not working (anymore): I wanted to migrate back to Windows8.1, but the mediacreationtool doesnt let me download the windows8.1 iso file anymore. I guess this totally purposely, to force people into Windows10. It just says something like "cant download bla bla" the moment I click ok. A friend tested...
  10. MediaCreationTool

MediaCreationTool: Hi, I downloaded this client and it started to download the windows, after its finished i burn the ISO on the DVD and tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 then I got this error : use the other installation disc that says 64 bit...... i`m sure that i downloaded 64 bit version....