Windows 10: mediacreationtool not working (anymore)

Discus and support mediacreationtool not working (anymore) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to migrate back to Windows8.1, but the mediacreationtool doesnt let me download the windows8.1 iso file anymore. I guess this totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mkdr, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mkdr Win User

mediacreationtool not working (anymore)

I wanted to migrate back to Windows8.1, but the mediacreationtool doesnt let me download the windows8.1 iso file anymore. I guess this totally purposely, to force people into Windows10. It just says something like "cant download bla bla" the moment I click ok. A friend tested it too and it doesnt work.

Are there any other save mirrors for a Windows 8.1 x86 iso? Or can I get any logs by the mediacreationtool, why it's not working?

:)

2. Windows 10 Update for Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

This does not work ... i think i dont need that icon on the taskbar anymore, as windows update still says "Windows 10 is Reserved on this pc" but the main point is IT IS NOT DOWNLOADING!!! i cant see any Windows~BT like folder in C: drive

Do i need ALL LATEST UPDATES for windows 7?

Can i update my OS using the MediaCreationTool and will it be genuine?

Anurag Trivedi, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Sel311 Win User
    MediaCreationTool doesn't work

Hi,

I tried to create a installation USB stick but the Mediacreationtool doesn't work, it tells me the error:

Imgur

Thanks

Sel311, Mar 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Mar 29, 2016
  5. mkdr Win User
  6. mkdr Win User
    No, because it's the same file. It's not working for german, windows8.1 non n/pro, x86.

7. Fafhrd Win User
    Just downloading it in the UK, no problem. Deutsch 8.1 Pro 64bit

Fafhrd, Mar 29, 2016
  8. mkdr Win User

Ive tested it now on a Win7 PC also, not working too.

9. mkdr Win User
Thema:

1. mediacreationtool not working (anymore) - Similar Threads - mediacreationtool working anymore

2. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  3. MediaCreationTool download "ESD"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MediaCreationTool download "ESD": Hello,I want to make a bootabile stick USB with Windows 11 Pro x64 and and didn't work, if I try to download to USB to make him bootable after he finishes downloading USB has a name "ESD-USB" not like I know normally "CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9".When I try to download ISO image...
  4. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  5. mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mediacreationtool: mediacreationtool not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediacreationtool/98a2462a-e4ba-457c-87dd-ff9bd6a2a279
  6. Problems with using the MediaCreationTool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with using the MediaCreationTool: Hello! I recently finished building my PC and now I wanna install windows 10 on it. I already have a license (as digital download). I then tried to use the Media Creation Tool to make an USB-stick boot ready. However the tool always wants to make the hard drive of the laptop...
  7. ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO's and the Windows MediaCreationTool: My Windows version is V1903 OS Build 18362.476; at least reported by winver? Windows Update V1909/KB4517245 trashed my system. Oh well. I want to download an ISO so I can initiate a repair. The problem is I need to know if the ISO I have is good. I think its wonderful...
  8. MediacreationTool Fehler

MediacreationTool Fehler: Beim Installieren des Mediact auf meinem USB-Stick wird der Fehler angezeigt: 0x80070005 möchte Windows 10 PRO auf mein neuen pc installieren Danke, im voraus....
  9. MediaCreationTool on USB

MediaCreationTool on USB: My computer has not been booting properly, and I was told the best option was to install Windows on a USB using MediaCreationTool and go from there. However I'm only able to get onto my desktop using Safe Mode with Networking, and whenever I click setup on my USB it says...
  10. MediaCreationTool

MediaCreationTool: Hi, I downloaded this client and it started to download the windows, after its finished i burn the ISO on the DVD and tried to upgrade my windows 8.1 then I got this error : use the other installation disc that says 64 bit...... i`m sure that i downloaded 64 bit version....