Windows 10: Mediamonkey installer doesn't run

Discus and support Mediamonkey installer doesn't run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Mediamonkey and when I run its setup file, nothing happens and antimalware service starts to steadily use 50% CPU , I waited for 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by derek10, Aug 5, 2015.

1. derek10 Win User

Mediamonkey installer doesn't run

I downloaded Mediamonkey and when I run its setup file, nothing happens and antimalware service starts to steadily use 50% CPU , I waited for 10 minutes and still the same. Does anyone know what's up here?

Thank you.

:)

derek10, Aug 5, 2015

2. Nokia Ovi Player, issues, suggested improvements, alternates?

I think it would be 'great' (read: R1 requirement) that when I rip a CD with Ovi player that the 5800 can actually decypher the tags that OVI puts in the .wma files. Tons of mp3 and other media files that I imported into the 5800 from Winamp and MediaMonkey
    don't show tags on the 5800. Crazy stuff. Ok so perhaps Winamp and MediaMonkey aren't standard apps so at least Nokia software should work with Nokia hardware, right? Wrong. I ripped the CDs with Ovi Player and stuck them in playlists with MediaMonkey. MM
    could read the .wma tags fine. After copying the tracks to the player the playlist comes over fine but the files are shown as filenames. Refreshing the library doesn't help either.

This is an Xpress M U S I C device. You'd expect the music player to be top notch.

Thanks for listening.

Sander

PS I'm running .40

NocturnalOne---01, Aug 5, 2015
  3. L-Oliver Win User
    [Win 10] Dx9 compatibility issue

Hey folks,

I have just installed my long-time favorite music library/player, MediaMonkey on a new ultrabook. This new pc is running win10 pro. I installed the latest version and the out-of-the-box functionality is fine so far. I mainly wanted to use this program/pc
    as a media pc with a visualizer running most of the time I am using it. The 2 visualizers that come with it are working fine, but I wanted to use an updated version of one of them (installed is the visualizer Milkdrop v1, I found a link to the much improved
    v2.25). After properly installing it and trying to configure it within MediaMonkey I keep getting presented with this error:

"Failed to initialize DirectX 9.0 or later.

Milkdrop requires d3dx9_31.dll to be installed."

As much as I want to use this visualizer I am not going to download that specific dll package from any of the free sites on the relevant google searches because I have heard of plenty of people getting viruses/malware from them.

My question for you all is this: Is there any way to get that specific dll package any more from a legit download source? Or maybe there is another way to get this program to identify that I actually have dx12?

Linked below is the program itself, and the addon package I have installed.

MediaMonkey » Download

MediaMonkey » Addons » Browse

L-Oliver, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Mediamonkey installer doesn't run

1. Mediamonkey installer doesn't run - Similar Threads - Mediamonkey installer doesn't

2. Java installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  3. Java installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  4. Windows settings doesn't run!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows settings doesn't run!!: Suddenly I can't run windows settings, it just quits out immediately! I tried everything online short of a new user or windows reinstall. Weird, any ideas? submitted by /u/andypoly [link] [comments]...
  5. Full Scan Doesn't Run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Full Scan Doesn't Run: I am trying to run a full scan on a Windows 10 machine, but it doesn't start. The quick scan will run. I have a program SAntivirus that appeared on my machine somehow. It is telling me I have a virus but I don't trust it and so am trying the full scan from Windows 10. As...
  6. HALO RECRTUIT doesn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HALO RECRTUIT doesn't run: HI! I have installed Halo Recruit on my HP PAVILLION laptop yesterday but when I try to run the game it doesn't run. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/halo-recrtuit-doesnt-run/c1904327-5d39-4fef-b379-ebcae1de295f
  7. javaw.exe doesn't run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    javaw.exe doesn't run: I just downloaded java, making sure I uninstalled the older versions and downloaded the latest version of java. The installation process was smooth, but after that when I try to open the file javaw.exe to run a .jar file (a phET simulation), it didn't work. No error or...
  8. Current MediaMonkey version

Current MediaMonkey version: [img] MediaMonkey Manage 100,000+ music and video files without bogging down. Record CDs and download music, movies, and podcasts. Automatically lookup and intuitively tag album art, lyrics and other metadata. Manage any audio / video genres: Rock, Classical,...
  9. Java Installer doesn't run

Java Installer doesn't run: Win 10 Pro x64 1607. Java Installer won't run, period. Well, the 32 bit one will start, per Task Mgr processes - Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit) - but disappears in a few seconds. The 64 bit version doesn't even do that much. My problems with installing Java started with the...
  10. MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MediaMonkey and (Synology) NAS Problem: I noticed that Macrium Reflect Free had stared to fail on scheduled backups and in fact was unable to connect to my NAS nor could file explorer, both using the server name. Connection could be made using the IP address. I could see the NAS as a media device but not as a...