Windows 10: Medium And Small Icons Together

Discus and support Medium And Small Icons Together in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi: For some reason Windows 10 likes to display both “medium and small” icons together in the same folders. I have them set for medium but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kardon, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Kardon Win User

Medium And Small Icons Together

Hi:

For some reason Windows 10 likes to display both “medium and small” icons together in the same folders. I have them set for medium but when I open a folder most of the icons are medium but one, two or three are small.

Most of the time when I back out of the folder, then go in again they all set to medium but sometimes even that doesn’t work. Anybody have any recommendations on how I can fix this?

See images below

Medium And Small Icons Together [​IMG]

:)

Kardon, Mar 13, 2018

2. font size

Hi,

The only option for the desktop size fonts are Large icons,Medium icons, or Small icons. The default is medium icons.

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Mar 13, 2018
  3. RKMB Win User
    LOCK Desktop Icons with Windows 10 to stop them from randomly moving for no reason

Based on GD's comment, I changed the icon size from small to medium, then back to small. This resulted in the icons being changed around somewhat. Then I moved some icons around, and change the size to medium and back to small. This time the icons stayed
    put.

It will now be interesting to see if the icons stay put after I reboot.

4. Berton Win User

The images didn't make it.

Berton, Mar 13, 2018
  5. Kardon Win User

Kardon, Mar 13, 2018
  6. Kardon Win User
    I forgot to mention that this does not happen in folders created by Windows. It seems to be isolated to only folders I create.

Kardon, Mar 14, 2018
  7. Kardon Win User
    Anybody have any recommendations on how I can fix this?

Kardon, Mar 16, 2018
  8. Berton Win User

I just created a Folder on a WDC Passport HDD and Copied my data files from a Notebook into that Folder, no issues with the icon or thumbnail views.

Berton, Mar 16, 2018
  9. Kardon Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Glad your installation of Windows 10 is working so well.

Kardon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Medium And Small Icons Together - Similar Threads - Medium Small Icons

2. I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS: I need a medium-sized taskbar because date and time are stacked vertically at the R end of the taskbar. Why are they stacked? No clue. I'd prefer that they were side-by-side, but there we are. So, in order for both the date and time to be visible, TaskbarSi in the registry...
  3. I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want medium taskBAR, but small taskbar ICONS: I need a medium-sized taskbar because date and time are stacked vertically at the R end of the taskbar. Why are they stacked? No clue. I'd prefer that they were side-by-side, but there we are. So, in order for both the date and time to be visible, TaskbarSi must be set to 1...
  4. Icons so small. Ya they seem SO small. I tried to change the icon from medium to small and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons so small. Ya they seem SO small. I tried to change the icon from medium to small and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MLCarter1976 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixdtk7/icons_so_small_ya_they_seem_so_small_i_tried_to/
  5. New Microsoft 365 offerings for small and medium-sized businesses

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft 365 offerings for small and medium-sized businesses: [img] Today, we announced the Microsoft 365 Personal and Family Subscriptions, the first consumer offerings from Microsoft 365. I’m pleased to follow up here to announce related changes to our Office 365 subscriptions for small and medium-sized...
  6. Medium icon size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium icon size keeps changing: Hello, Since a couple of days, the medium size icons are displayed as small icons on my desktop and file explorers. The size switches at random times. After a reboot the icons stay fine (medium size) for a while, but then change to small size. This always happens for URL...
  7. how to make icons remain on medium view

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make icons remain on medium view: I have windows 10 When I open up some of my folders, they are suppose to be on medium icons. The problem is, whenever I come back to that folder, it is in the details, instead of the icons. How can I get it to stay on medium icons? I still want to be able to see thumbnails...
  8. Small to Medium Time PC Builder

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Small to Medium Time PC Builder: I am a pc builder. I provide PC building services for my local areas. My business is good but not consistent, I do make half of my income (average amount in my country, enough for living and bills) through it, not that I am rich from it but you get my point. I usually build...
  9. Bad file preview in medium icons visualization

Bad file preview in medium icons visualization: Hi everyone, I noticed a boring problem in Windows 10. As you can see in the screenshot attached, the file icon preview in medium icons visualization (but it's the same in little and big ones) is bad: perimeter lines of the file are black in certain points and yellow in other...
  10. Medium And Small Icons Together

Medium And Small Icons Together: Hi: For some reason Windows 10 likes to display both “medium and small” icons together in the same folders. I have them set for medium but when I open a folder most of the icons are medium but one, two or three are small. Most of the time when I back out of the...