Windows 10: Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb

Discus and support Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, first time using the site but I need some help. I am currently running a 16gb setup on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArthurJan, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ArthurJan Win User

Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, first time using the site but I need some help.

I am currently running a 16gb setup on my pc running windows10 and have a big problem. Every time I use applications that are memory heavy I run into an error making me close down the application or memory/file corruption or leakage may occur. However, if I check my task manager I can see that the memory usage is at 80% and only using around 8gb or less(I have actually added up the amount of space every single app have taken up manually and it was under 8gb while over 90%). I constantly have this problem and never browsed through task manager much before so I am not really sure when the problem arose.

Here are some screenshots showing my comp specs and a task manager screenshot

Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb [​IMG]

Thanks in advance if anybody replies!

:)

ArthurJan, Jul 6, 2017
  2. aanu77 Win User

NOKIA N95-8GB

was told about the caps lock issue now what on this topic where caps lock is used. NOKIA N95-8GB...is the KING!!!!!

aanu77, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Davisimo Win User
    Hard Drive Space

I currently have a 16GB HTC HD7 (largest cap on purchase) However i see that more and more phones being release with either 8GB or 16GB.

Where on earth are the 32GB and 64GB models? I have a large amount of music, images and video that i wish to have on the phone at the same time?

And please don't mention M$ SkyDrive, i know i can upload my music etc. there but the SkyDrive lacks the functionality of zune...

Does M$ have a limit on the spec for the wp7 phones or is it an issue with the handset makers?

Davisimo, Jul 6, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Look at Performance tab and Resource monitor > Memory, you'll see more detailed memory map.

CountMike, Jul 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Memory capping problem 16gb capping at 8gb - Similar Threads - Memory capping problem

2. Problem With Cap Locks Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem With Cap Locks Key: I have been currently experiencing problems with the Cap Locks key on my laptop HP 255 G7 Notebook for maybe over a month or so and I really need help with fixing it. It started when out of nowhere my Cap Locks key would just turn on or off by itself like if someone was just...
  3. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  4. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  5. Caps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps: I did not know that using caps was yelling. Please forgive me on sending the message in caps.. Thanks, Bryan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps/3894fe68-9bbd-41e4-b3b9-7949066bd771
  6. Capped

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Capped: I had to sell my GPU and I am now running off of intel integrated graphics via HDMI as my motherboard does not have display port. I have a gsync monitor and it was running at 144hz before, now it is capped at 59hz. Is there anyway I can get above that refresh rate? Do I need...
  7. Caps lock problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock problem: I have a very boring problem. When I write, from one program to an another, it auto-change from capital letter to lowercase letter and the reverse without I even touch a thing, caps lock or shift lock is reversed from times to times. Then it works ok, then it's reversed...
  8. caps lock problem

caps lock problem: when i hit the caps lock button nothing happens. caps don't work and it's not my keyboard. i tried it out with another keyboard and it still doesn't work. the light lights up to say caps will be on but they don't. can anyone help?...
  9. Problem with Caps Lock key

Problem with Caps Lock key: Hello I bought a wireless Logitech K800 Keyboard and I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1) It seems the Caps lock does not work (and the Nums lock key neither ! Is the re a wa y to fix it ? 2) Contrary to the "old" keyboards, there is no visual indicator of the status of these...
  10. caps

in Windows 10 Customization
    caps: How can I tell if caps are on? Obviously I looked for a light. Or some indicator. I don't WANT to have to start typing in order to know! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps/b6e5a46a-7dcb-4a7b-aebb-e774f6ca06ff