Windows 10: Memory Card Mystery

Discus and support Memory Card Mystery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I loaded a digital camera with a LExar SD card I had previously used in a Sony voice recorder. When I've done this at other times with other cameras,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Newmaven, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Newmaven Win User

Memory Card Mystery

I loaded a digital camera with a LExar SD card I had previously used in a Sony voice recorder. When I've done this at other times with other cameras, the camera added a DCIM folder and put its images there. But this time, when I transferred the card to my desktop PC's reader. it found only the Sony directories (the audio files had already been removed). But the images were on the card, as I saw when I put it back in the camera.

I then loaded the card into my Thinkpad's SD slot and easily copied the photos to the laptop. Then I formatted the card in the camera and copied the images back from the Thinkpad. The camera confirmed the images were there--but now my desktop PC can't detect the card at all!

Any suggestions?

:)

Newmaven, Nov 25, 2016
  2. seuguh69 Win User

Pb with data tranfer on N95

impossible to activate the data transfer, my N95 said that

"memory card is used by an application" but I

finds no application open.

Why ?? What is this mysterious application ?

seuguh69, Nov 25, 2016
  3. nokia 6233 micro SD card password

My Nokia 6233 broke so I was sent a replacement handset. When I put the memory card in the phone (same model) and try to access it, it says to enter a password. I never set a password for the memory card. O2 network provider cannot help and neither can
    Nokia - is there anyway to find out this mysterious password or unlock it?

olegos---01, Nov 25, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Memory Card Mystery

You've done what I'd do so the suggestion exists that the card reader/slot in your Desktop has an issue. What I'd do next is shut down the Desktop, reach behind it and pull out the power cord, let set for a bit, plug it back in, start up and try the card again, sometimes things get a little out of whack and that process has usually worked for me. I do keep an inexpensive pocketable USB card reader on hand to try reading the card a different way, mine was $10 at local Wal*Mart a year ago.

Berton, Nov 25, 2016
  5. Newmaven Win User
    Half the mystery solved itself: a software glitch had somehow led my PC to ignore the reader; rebooting fixed that.

HOWEVER, although I had reformatted this card in my camera and copied my photo files onto it, the reader on my desktop still showed only the Sony recorder folders, nothing from the camera!

Newmaven, Nov 25, 2016
  6. Newmaven Win User
    Mystery deepens: With no SD card in the reader, This PC claims to see one, and clicking on it shows t he Sony file structure. Using Safely Remove to tell the PC it's not there yields a message that I can't do that because some Windows program is accessing it.

Attempting to format the phantom card, I get a message that I can't because it's being accessed by another program, then a message that formatting is complete. The SDHC still shows up in This PC, but now shows as empty.

Newmaven, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Memory Card Mystery

1. Memory Card Mystery - Similar Threads - Memory Card Mystery

2. Memory Cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory Cards: I have DDR4 2400 and 2600 hundred in 8 GB cards. I need to return 2 2400 cards to another computer and pass it to my son/ I will need 2 8 GIG 2600 to get me back to 32 Gigs. Amazon search brings up 2666 -- sorry for lost info on my cut -out. Too late to get an answer...
  3. Memory card not being recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory card not being recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron 5750 laptop running Windows 10. The memory card has suddenly stopped being recognised when I insert it. The drive does not come up in File Explorer. I've done a system restore to when it was working and installed the Realtek Card reader from the...
  4. Memory card storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory card storage: The memory card storage on my Lenovo Ideapad 110 isn't being seen any more; how can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-card-storage/0ce2a455-036e-4796-a3cb-e6a832a68cda"
  5. Memory Card reader

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Card reader: The memory card reader on my Toshiba Satellite laptop has stopped working for no apparent reason. The Windows 10 troubleshooter couldn't find a fault, tells me the device is working OK - but it isn't. Would appreciate any advice to resolve this problem. Thanks....
  6. Memory card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory card reader: This has got to be the most annoying problem yet with Windows 10. I did another update on Windows and now my M17 Alienware won't read my memory cards any longer. I get this idiot message. The driver for "this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have...
  7. bitlocker on my memory card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker on my memory card: i recently formatted my lumia 640xl but since then i am having problems with my memory card reading ...when i put it on my laptop it says its locked by bit locker .So how can i unlock it and be able to use it again....
  8. use memory card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....
  9. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  10. Memory Leak mystery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory Leak mystery: Hi there. I'm hoping some people can help me with my mom's PC. I'm visiting her this month and she told me her desktop is running extremely slow. She doesn't do much on it except browsing the web and using the odd Microsoft Office program. I went into the task manager and...