Windows 10: Memory Corruption BSOD

Discus and support Memory Corruption BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System Build: MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z-370H GAMING CPU: Intel i7 8700k SDD: Samsung Evo 550 Display: GeForce GTX 760 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanBracewell1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Memory Corruption BSOD

System Build:

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX Z-370H GAMING

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

SDD: Samsung Evo 550

Display: GeForce GTX 760

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2133

A foreword, this build is only about 1 year old, except for the 760.

I have had various blue screens over the last couple months, at least once per day, with the vast majority of them being MEMORY_CORRUPTION. I have .txt files from previous minidumps during July that I analyzed using the Windows debugging tools, and minidumps from recent 2 recent BSOD, that had the errors listed as ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. At first, I thought the blue screens were due to an aging hard drive, so I replaced it and found that it did nothing to alleviate the errors. I have run memtest86, and found no errors although that could be due to lack of extensive testing as I only ran 4 passes of all the tests. I recently updated the BIOS to the latest version for my motherboard, and also made zero impact. The blue screens have continued to happen even after multiple reinstalls of Windows. I can upload the recent minidumps and the .txt files of past analyzed dumps, if needed. I don't know the proper way to upload dump files or other files to this forum is so, I will wait until a response telling me the best way to go about that. I am suspecting that the RAM is the culprit, but any help would be much appreciated.

:)

RyanBracewell1, Sep 4, 2018

2. BSODs with corrupt pagefile - Is That Possible?

Past couple of days I have been having random BSODS. A few examples of the messages was - Memory management / IRQL less than or equal to/ Thread could not be activated/ Page Pool something or other.

First BSODS I have had on this relatively new system so decided to take everything back to stock and test each part. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit BTW.

HDtune error check - fine
    Memtest86 - 10 passes fine
    Prime 95 - 7hrs overnight fine
    Graphics card - furmark/3DMark fine

Go to play a bit of WOW last night and it locks up straight away with memory management issue. So I looked into it a bit and read that it could possibly be a virtual memory/pagefile issue and that if it is corrupted it may cause these issues.

I then set the pagefile to zero and enabled clear pagefile on shutdown in the registry. When it rebooted I let the amount be set by Windows and disabled the registry entry for clearing it on shutdown and will see how it goes.

I had never heard of this issue before causing BSODS, is it common and what should be the next step if I get another one today with the new pagefile in place?

LifeOnMars, Sep 4, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 4, 2018
  4. travisc Win User

Memory Corruption BSOD

Memory Corruption

Here are the hdtune results of my other internal drive. Note that this is a 3TB drive, but hdtune only says it is 2199G. I'm going to reinstall nvidia, then I'll run the chkdsk on it.

Memory Corruption BSOD [​IMG]

travisc, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Memory Corruption BSOD

1. Memory Corruption BSOD - Similar Threads - Memory Corruption BSOD

2. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  3. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  4. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Facing BSOD with memory corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing BSOD with memory corruption: Recently I started getting interrupted with bsod while playing games that use a lot of memory. Is there any way you can narrow this down for me? Could it be a page file issue or an actual fault with my RAM sticks. Please find the dmp data below....
  6. Memory corruption BSOD

Memory corruption BSOD: I've been running into the BSOD last few days and from what i've managed to find, it's a memory corruption issue. I've not been able to notice any patterns in particular when these crashes happen either. I did however take a look at my MEMORY.DMP file with a friend but I'm a...
  7. BSOD Memory Corruption

BSOD Memory Corruption: Hi Ive been getting BSOD and also freeze screens. Second time now ive done windows clean install but eventually this issue comes back. Now i managed to save a mini dump file as uploaded here if you can kindly check please. thanks
  8. Persistent BSODs memory corruption

Persistent BSODs memory corruption: Hello, I'm posting here after lots of fruitless googling around to find the answer. I hope I'm in the right place. Is anyone able to lend a hand in figuring out why I keep getting BSODs every couple weeks? Latest minidump is pasted in below. I've memchecked, chkdsk'd and...
  9. BSOD - memory corruption

BSOD - memory corruption: Yesterday I had a BODS problem with my computer and I have got the dump files. It prompts the most probably ably reason is "memory_corruption". Here are the dump files. https://drive.google.com/file/d/10zuy9C2Syce6IbUvOZYZDm_oBAyUms2T/view?usp=sharing,...
  10. Multiple IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod with memory corruption bsod's

Multiple IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod with memory corruption bsod's: Hello. I got multiple bsod's in any day when using my laptop. Some of them blaming hardware fault, others just that memory is corrupted. Here is link to answers.microsoft.com thread and there is seen what i have done so far. After last post there i have alredy got new...