Windows 10: Memory leak after a few hours

Discus and support Memory leak after a few hours in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey, I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%. After a few hours the memory usage is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by d00msword, Sep 5, 2015.

1. d00msword Win User

Memory leak after a few hours

Hey,

I have this weird issue with my OS. I have 16GB of RAM and whenever I boot the OS the RAM usage is 14%.
    After a few hours the memory usage is going to 30%+ although there isn't any program that uses that much.
    I can't know which program causing this because it doesn't show it in task manager.
    I didn't install any special programs lately and I think it started 4 days ago.

What can I do to diagnose what is causing it?

:)

d00msword, Sep 5, 2015
  2. AlFloat Win User

Window 10 memory leak

Never could find the leak. Made the computer useless after about 6 hours. Went back to Windows 7. I think the leak is still there, but it is much slower, so the computer runs for weeks without running out of memory.

AlFloat, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Bencmp Win User
    Service Host Using LOTS of Memory. Services: WMI and IP Helper

After doing further research, I found another link online that mentioned that computers equipped with Killer Network cards can cause memory leaks with IP Helper.

I reactivated the IP Helper and noticed the memory leak in progress.

I uninstalled Killer Network Manager and Device Drivers then rebooted computer

When the computer rebooted the drivers reinstalled themselves but not the network manager.

IP helper is running and no memory leaks detected for the last couple of hours.

Seems the Killer Network Manager is the source of the problem in my case.

Bencmp, Sep 5, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please make a screenshot of taskmanager filtered on the memory and post it.

axe0, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    I've found that a lot of websites have ad trackers that run in the background. Some websites have up to 30 trackers. These follow you from website to website, gathering data on where you surf, what you look at, etc for sales purposes. These have revved my pc memory usage up to 50% at times unless I use something to control them. So that may some of the phantom causes of memory usage. Check and see if your PC has a lot of trackers running.

Antilope, Sep 6, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    The memory issue happens at startup, this slows down the startup so that you can't open any browser without delay.

axe0, Sep 6, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory information.

LMiller7, Sep 6, 2015
  8. d00msword Win User

Sorry for the long delay, but the problem was solved and it came again now. Here is the screenshot.

Memory leak after a few hours [​IMG]

d00msword, Oct 19, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    That's resource manager, not task manager.

Mystere, Oct 19, 2015
  10. d00msword Win User
    This is after 8 hours and when I start the os the memory is on 11%.

Memory leak after a few hours [​IMG]

d00msword, Oct 20, 2015
  11. LMiller7 Win User
    The Performance tab shows important information not found elsewhere. For an initial assessment this is more important than a process list. The problem may not be a process at all.

LMiller7, Oct 20, 2015
  12. vgchat Win User
    This is one reason why I keep using adblock, it stops stuff like this dead in it's tracks.

vgchat, Oct 21, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

That's the Process Tab, not the Performance Tab.

Mystere, Oct 22, 2015
  14. Geneo Win User
    I don't see any problem here. This is more useful than task manager. It says you have 13 GB available (standby is available if needed just like free).

Geneo, Oct 22, 2015
  15. clear cache (history) after each operating session.

lopedoggie, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Memory leak after a few hours - Similar Threads - Memory leak few

2. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  3. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak: Hello,I have 2 different values of RAM reflected in 2 tabs of the task managerbut the same percentage, I want to know why, and if I need to do something to fix it.So from the two screenshots I took you can clearly see that my real usage of memory is 4795.2 MB, but the memory...
  4. Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Leak: I have noticed that even in an idle state, the task manager reports 80% or more memory usage. I have 16GB of RAM. I cannot find what is causing this memory leak. What can I do to solve this. Please help me....
  5. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  6. Memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak: Since long, i don't know long... i have been having high memory usage on my computer, from version 1909 to 2004. I can't see any process with high usage on Task Manager, so I searched and searched for the solution and tried the basic solution, Disable Superfetch (SysMain),...
  7. Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Leaks: Hi, After contacting the vendor of my software, I was informed that I had a memory leak and that this was the reason why my PC crashes when using the game/software. Can anyone help me on fixing this memory leak? Below are the files retrieved from me to prove there is a...
  8. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  9. MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?: I know what I'm going to suggest isn't an obvious thing around here. So I have to first explain my perspective on RAM before I can even talk about a 'memory leak' or what might be called 'RAM hogging'. In Windows 10 I know of two places I can check RAM usage. Task Manager...
  10. MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    MEMORY LEAK after cumulative updates?: I know what I'm going to suggest isn't an obvious thing around here. So I have to first explain my perspective on RAM before I can even talk about a 'memory leak' or what might be called 'RAM hogging'. In Windows 10 I know of two places I can check RAM usage. Task Manager...