Windows 10: Memory Management Crash

Discus and support Memory Management Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone please analyze this minidump? What happened basically is that the PC very often doesn't go into sleep mode (just turns off the screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dimasok, Apr 1, 2016.

1. dimasok Win User

Memory Management Crash

Can someone please analyze this minidump? What happened basically is that the PC very often doesn't go into sleep mode (just turns off the screen and doesn't let me do anything) so I am forced to do a hard reset. At that point, a BSOD usually pops up that the PC ran into an error and something about memory management.

If I were to restart and put it in sleep mode right away, it would do it just fine so I assume after prolonged usage, something happens which prevents it from going to sleep.

Still, a hard reset shouldn't BSOD regardless.

Any input is appreciated.

:)

dimasok, Apr 1, 2016

2. memory management BSOD crash

Hello,

i should preface this by saying i have read most of the posts on this issue both on here and throughout google and i have tried everything suggested and i still havent found a fix, so i decided to ask you guys directly.

Im getting BSOD while playing games such as pubg, civ 6, starcitizen, kingdom come deliv with a bug check code: 0x0000001a and bug check string MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

- my system is brand new (3 months old)

- everything in it is brand new and worked fine up to about a week or so ago

- i have not made any changes to hardware or software (other than uninstall or install some new games via steam)

specs:

- amd ryzen 7 1800x, asus rog crosshair hero vi, 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4 rgb trident Z, EVGA 850W, samsung 850 1TB ssd, EVGA gtx 1080, win 10 pro

Here is what i have tried after reading up on this:

- used DDU to clean my video drivers and reinstall latest

- used memtest and ran at least 4 cycles on each stick of ram individually with zero errors/faults

- updated mobo bios to latest version

- used driver booster to check for newer versions of drivers and update them

- ran the SFC scan (via admin) with no issues or files that needed replacing

- i even used the mem diag tool that comes with windows 10

- ran a chkdsk

- using my installed Bitdefender total security i ran thorough scans...just in case

- changed page file mem to 10gigs

- made sure windows is up to date (its set to auto but nontheless)

Im honestly either missing something or i've done something wrong, or... i dont know...thats why i've decided to ask the experts here. im at my wits end and could use your help guys.

Im more than happy to re-do any of my tests if you think its best. Let me know which one.

Also if you want me to paste any logs, or you need screenshots, let me know again.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Beowulf6666, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Memory Management crash

Hello recently I've been getting a BSOD randomly, I ran memtest overnight and I had no errors so it must be a driver however I can't figure out what caused it when I debug the dumps since I get Unknown_Image ( PAGE_HASH_ERRORS_INPAGE ) and I don't know how
    to read the driver stack, can someone assist me?

Minidump and Memory dump

h3artl3ss362, Apr 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Memory Management Crash

The data in the pagefile is corrupted when it happens, this may be due to failure of hardware.
    Run below scans on the TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 hard drive or the C: partition.
    Code: ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: Memory Manager detected corruption of a pagefile page while performing an in-page operation. The data read from storage does not match the original data written. This indicates the data was corrupted by the storage stack, or device hardware.[/quote]

Memory Management Crash [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

axe0, Apr 1, 2016
  5. dimasok Win User
    I did as you asked.

I compressed all of the results in a rar file. The checks were all ran on the Toshiba hd you pointed out and I didn't do the "write" portion of the benchmark since it didn't let me do it without erasing the partitions (the read portion was benchmarked though just fine).

Regarding the other hd health (which is the only thing you asked me to screenshot), as you can see, 2 of them have a problem (SSD is a red one and Seagate is a yellow one) although I am not sure how much of an effect that has on anything.

However, I did read that there are too many criteria that different software report, and I stumbled upon the following response:

"If both Samsung Magician and Crystal Disk do not report a problem, believe what they tell you and ignore HD Tune. In fact, I would get rid of HD Tune altogether. Too many diagnostic softwares just cause doubt and confusion."

And so I ended up using both of those tools (Crystal Disk and Samsung Magician and both reported no problems on the SSD (Seagate is fine as well although I didn't screenshot it). I am attaching a picture too from those applications.

dimasok, Apr 2, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Is the firmware of the SSD updated?

HDTune is usually correct, but that is because other attributes are more often failing which are more generic attributes.
    The attribute that failed is an attribute that is used in Samsung devices, HDTune can't be 100% correct about such attributes so if it were me I would ignore it *Smile

The Calibration Retry Count is something you have to keep an eye on, if it increases it means the hard drive is failing/faulty.

axe0, Apr 2, 2016
  7. dimasok Win User
    Not sure. I checked on the Dell website and the date is 2015 April. I could update it perhaps, but the changes don't seem to be worth it:
    Samsung SSD PM851 Firmware Update Driver Details | Dell Middle East

Is there anything else you need me to do? What is the cause of the BSOD?

dimasok, Apr 2, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Memory Management Crash

Generally speaking, which is also this time the case, the 0x1A crash doesn't show a specific cause.
    Causes are
    • drivers
    • memory
    • vram
    • hard drive
    The dump doesn't point directly to anything, but based on the causes I've mentioned and a few things in the dump there is a chance the drives are involved in it.

axe0, Apr 3, 2016
  9. dimasok Win User
    So should I update the topic when I get another crash? I am sure I can replicate it soon enough but it seems that the dump would be pretty much the same so I don't know what else could shed light on this.

I initially assumed the "memory management" part would refer to the ram but the diagnostics I did yielded no errors either. Then, based on the error you investigated, it seemed as if it was some sort of perhaps corrupt pagefile? Judging from my past experience with using older versions of windows, sometimes the pagefile got corrupted after hard resets and windows automatically repaired it. It seems that in this case it simply opted to generate the BSOD, restart, and boot back up as if nothing had happened.

Is there a way to prevent the necessity to hard reset? Basically, as I outlined in the beginning, the PC simply doesn't enter sleep mode but the monitor turns off (so using the mouse or keyboard doesn't do anything) so I press the power button because I see no other choice.

I've also been experiencing PC sluggishness over the past couple of weeks. It just seems that the UI is unresponsive more often than responsive and things take longer to open-up/close than I am typically used to.

I don't know if both of these things are related, but thought it was worth pointing out. I am really not sure what it could be as all my drivers from Dell are the latest one (unless they themselves don't update their page or something):
    Product Support | Dell US

dimasok, Apr 3, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    If you mean the built-in diagnostics, the built-in diagnostics test isn't really reliable. It doesn't find errors when others do.

Regarding corruption in the page file, that isn't 'fixable', because the page file is an additional way of storing more data in memory, temporarily. It allows for a large working set to reside in memory, while other data is paged to disk for use another time.
    The data that is corrupted in the page file is caused by either not proper storing, or a part of the disk is damaged.
    Resetting the page file deletes all the data in the page file removing the corruption, when you reconfigure the page file the data that was improper stored usually is stored again but proper although the data might be slightly different at least, when it comes to the disk the data either doesn't reach the same amount of data stored to reach that place causing the corruption on the disk or it is already been used.

11. dimasok Win User
    So it happened again today. What else can I do? I know it's probably all the same, but I'll post it again after the crash.

dimasok, Apr 22, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

13. dimasok Win User

Memory Management Crash

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test. How do I use it? Do I extract it onto the USB stick and boot from that?

dimasok, Apr 22, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. dimasok Win User
    I haven't run memtest yet but I had another BSOD and it seems to be a different error this time.

Does it give you more information than the last two?

p.s.
    I will hopefully run memtest tonight.

dimasok, May 9, 2016
Thema:

Memory Management Crash

1. Memory Management Crash - Similar Threads - Memory Management Crash

2. MEMORY MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MEMORY MANAGEMENT: MINIDUMP : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tnOuMsuHm0pX-jvjXMhCvxVvieqJ0crf/view?usp=sharingother user : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-windows-11-ntoskrnlexe-and-memorymanagement/b0f2cb05-ffb0-4983-a4db-1fb5ca622585...
  3. Memory Management BOD System Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Management BOD System Crash: Hi all, I have a Surface Pro 7 8gb RAM running Windows 10 and have experienced this blue screen of death Memory Management a couple of times these past months. Noticeably, it has happened more on Zoom calls where the system would crash completely. Do you think this is a...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD memory managent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD memory managent: Xin chào, máy tính của tôi có file ntoskrnl.exe gây treo và BSOD, tôi đã cố gắng khắc phục nhưng không thành công, tôi sử dụng Windows Memory Diagnostic thì nó báo Máy tính của bạn có vấn đề về Bộ nhớ, tôi phải làm thế nào? [ATTACH]...
  5. BSOD - memory management crash error?

BSOD - memory management crash error?: Hello, My PC has gotten BSOD on feb 14th and march 11th. Event viewer had different errors for both days. Feb 14th: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000001c7 ~ STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION March 16th: The computer has rebooted from a...
  6. Memory Management BSODs and apps/games crashing

Memory Management BSODs and apps/games crashing: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC that was having memory management BSODs when I first bought it in January. I reseated and checked the RAM which didn't fix the problem, then saw that windows had set the virtual memory to about 2700mb for my 16gb of RAM, so I increased it. This...
  7. Stopcode / Memory management crash?

Stopcode / Memory management crash?: I have an Acer Aspire Z3-615 / Intel Core i3-4160T 3.10 Ghz / 8 Gig Ram - with Windows 10 Home. Over the past 3 months we have been getting these crashes and it reloads on its own? I don't know from the answers listed if anything I can deal with? Wayne Dodman...
  8. BSOD crash code memory management

BSOD crash code memory management: My Lenovo X270 crashes with the stop code memory management and i am not sure if its my RAM or SSD with the error. Below is the information from the memory dump file Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  9. memory management

memory management: This is my first build and it is as follows asus z97 gaming 5 i5 4690k 16gb of ddr 3 1600 gskill ram insignia 450w power supply 2 tb seagate hdd 250gb kingston ssd with windows 10 installed I'm getting memory management bsod error and i was wondering if i should...
  10. Windows Crashing Memory Management error and more

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Crashing Memory Management error and more: I purchase this computer and unfortunately did not open it for about a year, it was fine for maybe a month. Now constantly crashing. The most common error I get is Memory_management , I have done several things and still no luck. I have also had Fat_File_ system error,...