Windows 10: Memory Optimiser

Discus and support Memory Optimiser in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 64 bit and use Office 2013 (32 bit). I have 16GB of RAM When running several workbooks, I often run out of resources. Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Howardc, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Howardc Win User

Memory Optimiser

I have Windows 10 64 bit and use Office 2013 (32 bit). I have 16GB of RAM

When running several workbooks, I often run out of resources. Are there any memory optimisers I can use or can someone advise me how to overcome this problem?

Your assistance is most appreciated

:)

Howardc, Feb 19, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Wise memory optimiser

"Memory optimizers", "File compression" and "Registry Cleaners" are utility tools left over from a time when RAM and HD space was limited. These days, most computers have adquate amounts of RAM, so a "memory optimizer" does not help.

Rohn007, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Wise memory optimiser

All of these optimizers causes issues and weigh down your Windows 10, which only needs a great install to remain resilient with the built-in background Maintenance. At worst some will ruin the install beyond repair. Avoid.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Memory Optimiser

Resources can include the Virtual Memory/paging file. I haven't had need to check Win10's Help and Support recommendation but with Win7 it was 1.5 times the physical RAM, larger when working with videos, large databases and large spreadsheets. There's a number of folks that say with 16GB one doesn't even need the paging file but in your case it may help without having to purchasing more RAM, hopefully your motherboard would support more than 16GB. My first computer [1992 with MS-DOS 5 and Win3.1] had 4MB RAM and my first issue was WordPerfect for Windows running out of memory when creating the 9th or 10th page of a document, upgraded to 8MB to get by that.

Berton, Feb 19, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Memory optimizers are worse than useless. Windows 10 has very good memory management and has no need for and will not benefit from a third party memory "optimizer". The only benefit? they provide is to make the numbers in Task Manager more attractive to those who do not understand what they mean.

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory information when the problem occurs.

LMiller7, Feb 19, 2016
  6. Let windows automatically manage your page file.

Memory Optimiser [​IMG]

lopedoggie, Feb 19, 2016
  7. Just install CleanMem Free and forget about it, no need to setup anything.

TairikuOkami, Feb 19, 2016
  8. Howardc Win User

Memory Optimiser

Thanks for your input and advise

Howardc, Feb 19, 2016
  9. Howardc Win User
    Thanks. I have downloaded CleanMem and will see how it goes and give feedback once I have used it for a week

Howardc, Feb 19, 2016
  10. LMiller7 Win User
    Please do not install CleanMem or any other such program. It is inappropriate to install such a program when we have yet to determine the nature of the problem. We don't even know if it is memory related. At best it will cover up (but not solve) the problem and make diagnoses more difficult.

LMiller7, Feb 19, 2016
  11. snoopy51 Win User
    16 GB is a large amount of memory. What is your setup and how do you know it is memory constraint?
    Any system message or monitoring output?

I am running Hyper-V and some times 4 to 5 worksheets without any problem.

Would be helpful if you provide additional information?

snoopy51, Feb 19, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree,, with 16GB of RAM you really shouldn't be having any issues. My question is what are the apps/software are you using when you encounter these issues??

Using a tool like this is just really not a solution, IMO.

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2016
  13. Howardc Win User

Memory Optimiser

I have uninstalled Clean Mem. When I run a macro (Excel 2013) which opens 10 or more large files and then run a macro within each of these files, I often get "insufficient resources"

I am not sure what is causing this and how to overcome this

Howardc, Feb 20, 2016
  14. Howardc Win User
    I am using Office 2013 (32 bit) and my operating system is Windows 10 64 bit. Office 32 bit can only use a maximum of 2GB of Ram. I have some large Excel Files than uses a lot of resources when the macros are activated

Howardc, Feb 20, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Now that's not nice or fun. Here's what I could find and it's directly from MS so I hope this can help you out.,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3066990

Take care and please report back..
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

Memory Optimiser

1. Memory Optimiser - Similar Threads - Memory Optimiser

2. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  3. Memory Issues and BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Issues and BSoD: Hi Guys,I upgraded my CPU from 5700G to 5950x. Got a 4070Ti and also ASUS Loki 1000W.I was getting some CPU related logs after 3-4 months of usage. I did all clean fresh reset and install but then I started getting Memory Check Exception and restarts.I'm not able to debug the...
  4. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  5. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps: Hello,I need a little help Identifying what driver may be causing a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION 109 BSOD. I will post the dump from the original crash followed by the 4 mini dumps from the subsequent crashes after turning on the driver verifier.original analysis of crash:1:...
  6. Help Identifying problem drive from memory dumps

7. Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov: Having Memory Management BSOD's occur when playing Escape From Tarkov, particularly on my PMC, as the error hasn't occured during any of my Scav runs, but has done during my last two PMC raids, generally 15 to 20 minutes into them. I haven't encountered any BSODs or crashes...
  8. Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov

Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov: Having Memory Management BSOD's occur when playing Escape From Tarkov, particularly on my PMC, as the error hasn't occured during any of my Scav runs, but has done during my last two PMC raids, generally 15 to 20 minutes into them. I haven't encountered any BSODs or crashes...
  9. Memory Managment BSOD while playing Escape From Tarkov

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?: Hello,I wiped my computer's disk HP with the Windows 10 Home edition because its performance was worryingly poor - I couldn't use it at all. After I did it it worked well for some time, I didn't install anything except for a browser on it but now using it has become...