Windows 10: Memory Problem

Discus and support Memory Problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having an issue with memory. I've attached screen shots of both my memory usage & process tab. My system is using up 98% memory in idle.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SteveD, Jan 17, 2016.

1. SteveD Win User

Memory Problem

Hello,

I'm having an issue with memory. I've attached screen shots of both my memory usage & process tab. My system is using up 98% memory in idle. It does say "Non-paged pool @ 14.5gb". I'm not too sure what that means, but I do however think there is an issue with that.

-Edit. I've also noticed when my memory is going crazy windows does not shut down when I click shut down, it simply just re-starts very quickly and never shuts down. I have to hard crash it by holding the power button, when I then re-start it manually the memory problem seems fixed. I don't know what triggers it to come back nor if it truly is tied into the 'not shutting down' issue.

Any idea on how to fix this? It seems to be making my whole system run slow. Thanks ahead of time,
    -Steve

Specs:
    Windows 10
    Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK 2.7 - 3.6GHz w/ Turbo Boost
    16GB DDR4 2133MHz
    nVidia GTX 970m
    16.0 gb ram

:)

SteveD, Jan 17, 2016

2. Connecting to wifi

My laptop did an automatic update today and now I can't connect to my wifi. I just got this laptop a few days ago, and am still learning it, so I have no idea where to look or how to fix it.

Undying Memory, Jan 17, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    memory problem

After a reset the phone time and date may not be correct. This will cause the symptoms you describe.

Check the time and date is phone settings.

garym123, Jan 17, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Memory Problem

The problem is the Non-paged pool. Typically this would be caused by a driver problem. Highly unlikely it would be a process.

LMiller7, Jan 17, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    I notice you have a Killer network Manager in your list. There have been problems with the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver service which in combination with a Killer network driver starts to fill up the Non-Paged Pool memory. This was in W8.1 and the suggested fix is altering the registry key value of the “Start” entry to 4 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\ to disable the Windows Network Data Usage Monitor Driver from starting.

See https://bluebluewave.wordpress.com/2...ge-monitoring/

Worth a try in your system I would think.

philc43, Jan 17, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Try looking for an updated Killer Network driver too.

eLPuSHeR, Jan 17, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Good point! Definitely look for an updated driver before trying the fix I suggested.

philc43, Jan 17, 2016
  8. SteveD Win User

Memory Problem

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I've updated the killer networking drivers and reset my whole machine. Memory at the moment is not giving me troubles. However the problem does come and go.

If the problem arises again, I'll try philc43's suggestion with altering the registry key and see if that clears it up. If needed I'll return for further help, it's holding up at the moment. Appreciate the assistance and pointing out the issue with Killer Networking.

Thanks again,

SteveD, Jan 18, 2016
  9. SteveD Win User
    Hello,
    After updating my KillerNetworking Driver and spending approximately 2.5 hours using the laptop. I noticed the issue came back and the non-paged pool memory was building back up. - I double checked the Drivers and noticed the Ethernet driver was disabled due to the update on the driver - It said installation was unsuccessful and device was not working properly. (it was using my WiFi even tho connected via Ethernet).

I rolled back my driver and continued with philc43's solution by changing the registry key value. The issue still continues with 4.6gb of non-paged pool memory.

Anything else I can attempt to fix this problem?

Memory Problem [​IMG]

Memory Problem [​IMG]

SteveD, Jan 18, 2016
  10. SteveD Win User
    Anything else I should try? Even after a reboot my system starts up with about 4.7gb of high non-paged pool memory.

SteveD, Jan 19, 2016
  11. SteveD Win User
    Help me TenForums.com, you're my only hope.

Memory Problem [​IMG]

SteveD, Jan 21, 2016
  12. essenbe Win User
    Try Uninstalling the Killer network drivers and software, then reinstalling the drivers only. Do not install the software program that goes along with it. That causes a lot of people a lot of problems. It is the software and not the drivers so much. Also, if you see that you are on wi fi, disconnect from the wi fi and force it to use the Ethernet. That is not uncommon. I assume you checked the check box to connect automatically.

essenbe, Jan 21, 2016
  13. topgundcp Win User

Memory Problem

In addition.
    Since I also have the Killer Network. Uninstalling The Killer Network Driver Suite, you also uninstall/delete the network driver so before uninstall the Suite, you'll need to go the the link below and download the latest driver only version 8.1.0.31.
    Killer Networking - Driver Downloads
    Unzip the file and navigate to your network model, right click on the .inf file->Install

topgundcp, Jan 21, 2016
  14. eastman Win User
    Sounds like a virus to me. Or some driver issues of some sort. NEVER seen something like this before either... The non-paged IS really bad. You are at 98% usage because almost all of your RAM is "non-paged" and so it can't be used by the system. So, the remaining 2 GB RAM is barely enough for basic parts of Windows to even run. The PC doesn't shut down because there isn't enough RAM available to execute that command. I looked at my non-paged pool and it's only 290 MB, so that's why your RAM is f-ed up. But, I'm not sure how you can fix this for sure, but you could try increasing the Virtual Memory Paging Cache to boost your RAM size.

eastman, Jan 21, 2016
  15. LMiller7 Win User
    The size of the Nonpaged Pool depends on many factors but will typically be less then the Paged Pool. The big problem with a large Nonpaged pool is that it is, as the name implies, non pageable. Almost all other memory can be paged out at the discretion of the memory manager but the Nonpaged pool must remain in RAM at all times no matter what the memory pressure may be.

There is no way to compensate for this. The problem must be solved at it's source.

Adding more memory would only buy some time but wouldn't solve anything.

LMiller7, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

Memory Problem

1. Memory Problem - Similar Threads - Memory Problem

2. how can i fix memory related problems in windows 11 23H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix memory related problems in windows 11 23H2?: Hello. I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 23آ2 and since the update I have problems related to RAM and graphics. My problems are as follows: 1- System RAM problem: My laptop has 16 GB of RAM, but when the usage reaches about 11 GB, my programs crash. For example,...
  3. how can i fix memory related problems in windows 11 23H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix memory related problems in windows 11 23H2?: Hello. I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11 23آ2 and since the update I have problems related to RAM and graphics. My problems are as follows: 1- System RAM problem: My laptop has 16 GB of RAM, but when the usage reaches about 11 GB, my programs crash. For example,...
  4. Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems

Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems: 6: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  5. Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having multiple BSOD with memory problems: 6: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  6. memory problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory problem: CBS.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-problem/68a230c1-4685-42f6-9ace-7b88959f7d95
  7. memory problem

memory problem: CBS.log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-problem/68a230c1-4685-42f6-9ace-7b88959f7d95
  8. memory problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Dedicated Video Memory problem

Dedicated Video Memory problem: I had a problem with VRAM 1 a week ago, well a week ago my Dedicated Video Memory was 512 now it has been reduced to 128 without any reason. I have tried many methods on Youtube, and Google but still not working! I really need help...
  10. Dedicated Video Memory problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated Video Memory problem: I had a problem with VRAM 1 a week ago, well a week ago my Dedicated Video Memory was 512 now it has been reduced to 128 without any reason. I have tried many methods on Youtube, and Google but still not working! I really need help...