Windows 10: Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

Discus and support Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fortitude, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Fortitude Win User

Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time

I'm facing this problem in the last few days. Memory use according to Task Manager goes up to 99%, CPU reaches 80% and the PC becomes almost totally unresponsive.

Based on similar threads I installed RAMMap and here's what is shown.

Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time [​IMG]

I installed Poolmon and ran it and this is what I get.

Please note that the first entry does not show a tag. Is this normal?

According to the rest of the listing I should investigate Volsnap.sys and atc.sys. Could you advise what are the next steps?

:)

Fortitude, Jun 25, 2018
  2. senvae Win User

Memory usage 99% during idle and continues after reboot.

My boot scan had nothing special to report and now my memory usage is normal. I know this will creep up on me again. This probably won't show anything in the error logs... right? Let me post what I found in event viewer.

senvae, Jun 25, 2018
  3. xDrac Win User
    Memory 99%

Okay so lately I have been noticing my Memory spike up to 80% then 90% and higher up to 99% even while playing a game. Even after closing said game the memory would keep spiking. It feels like the longer the computer is on, the more it keeps increasing in Memory load. I have very little knowledge of computers...

I updated my graphic card drivers already. Here a few screenshots of my problem:

Also, I went away from my computer for maybe 30 minutes to an hour, and this is what I came back to (apologies for bad picture quality, but I think you can see the problem) it was completely frozen and there were weird things on my desktop, windows wrongly cascading and whatnot, I couldn't do anything so I forcefully shut it down and restarted it. Now it works but I wonder for how long?) :

I'd also like to mention that this is a 2000 computer and it's BRAND NEW, here are the specs:

Graphics Card: GTX 980.

Please help me :/

xDrac, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Memory use shoots up to 99% after idle time - Similar Threads - Memory shoots 99%

2. Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time: Afternoon guru's - I have a user that would LIKE to be prompted every time they connect to a network share on a Linux computer TrueNAS from a Windows computer with SMB. The user logins and set up are working just as expected, but Windows 11 seems to be remembering the...
  3. Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time: Afternoon guru's - I have a user that would LIKE to be prompted every time they connect to a network share on a Linux computer TrueNAS from a Windows computer with SMB. The user logins and set up are working just as expected, but Windows 11 seems to be remembering the...
  4. Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?: A lot of applications appear to be using memory in task manager, but I have nothing running and when I try to end a task, they appear again taking up memory. This has never been a problem before. I'm running Windows 11....
  5. Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop using 70% memory idling?: A lot of applications appear to be using memory in task manager, but I have nothing running and when I try to end a task, they appear again taking up memory. This has never been a problem before. I'm running Windows 11....
  6. memory idle at 60%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory idle at 60%: for a while my memory has been idle at 60-70% and basically running any game will cause my pc to freeze or crashive tied sfc scan, malwarebytes, safe boot, turning off settings, clearing space but nothing has worked, using process hacker i can see its mostly dwm using 4 gb of...
  7. memory at 60% idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory at 60% idle: ive tried deleting unwanted files apps and running sfc scan, but nothing workstask manager is showing nothing is using memory but process hacker says otherwise, but most of the processes are windowsprivate bytes in process hacker is memory i have 8 gigs of ram...
  8. Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my PC running idle at 99% memory?: I left my PC on overnight and now it runs at 99%-80% memory/ram IDLE!! i can barely play games, how do I fix this? it was working just fine before specs are: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 8gb of ram and amd radeon RX 570 https://gyazo.com/0155babe06d8dd432553ac57daea2873...
  9. Memory 99%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory 99%: Okay so lately I have been noticing my Memory spike up to 80% then 90% and higher up to 99% even while playing a game. Even after closing said game the memory would keep spiking. It feels like the longer the computer is on, the more it keeps increasing in Memory load. I have...
  10. Memory usage 99% during idle and continues after reboot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory usage 99% during idle and continues after reboot.: A while ago, after upgrading to Win10, my memory usage jumped to 99% percent while watching a movie via VLC player. I couldn't find anything in the task manager that seemed to use up all 16 gb of my memory, the new layout of task manager confused me a bit, so I simply...