Windows 10: Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

Discus and support Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+ in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just a suggestion for users here who need to perform RAM tests to rule out hardware issues: Memtest86+ 5.01 has a bug with CPU multicore support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ksio89, Dec 31, 2015.

1. ksio89 Win User

Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

Just a suggestion for users here who need to perform RAM tests to rule out hardware issues: Memtest86+ 5.01 has a bug with CPU multicore support (Parallel), as it hangs after some time testing and the only safe way to perform the tests is in single core mode, which is extremely low. This usually happens with test #7:

Memtest86+ is freezing while running test #7

The original proprietary version, Memtest86 6.2.0 Free, does not have this bug, which it means it performs the passes much, much faster than Memtest86+. Apparently, older builds of Memtest86+ do not hang with multicore support enabled as well.

Another advantage of Memtest86 over 86+ is that it supports EFI+GPT, so you don't need to disable Secure Boot on UEFI menu to boot the USB drive with Memtest86 installed like you do with 86+, as it's installed only in MBR. The tests are the same, it perform 4 passes and it can even save a report in HTML format after ending the test. You can download the free version here:

MemTest86 - Download now!

Here is the report in PDF so you can have an idea:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...rruption-memtest86-report-20151231-152538.pdf

:)

ksio89, Dec 31, 2015

2. Memtest86 results

Sound strange,

- It seems that your CPU has some error

- You may also need to check the system motherboard as well.

Error:

- 32 errors found

- As you have 4Core only 1Core is Active

Suggestion:

- Before it gets too mess, Please shut down your system & contact OEM or wherever you have purchase your system

Roharashraj™, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Memtest86 results

So I have been running memtest86 last night and when I woke up I found this
    link to google drive
    (sorry for the bad picture, I don't know how to screenshot in memtest and save it)

Can anyone help me explaining what is says and what I should do?

My specs:

Windows 10 Pro

CPU: I7 6700K

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT -DDR4 2400 - 16GB

GPU: Inno3D GTX 1070

MOBO: Asus z170-a

PSU: Coolermaster RS-550-AFBA-G1 550V

EntropieBen, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+

1. Memtest86 Free instead of Memtest86+ - Similar Threads - Memtest86 Free instead

2. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  3. Memtest86 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memtest86 error: ive had bsod since i got my pc and i have tried everything i thought it was a HID or gpu or cpu. but today i tried running memtest86 and it said failed too many errors can someone help me. i have two 16gb sticks of kingston fury ramScreenshots of the...
  4. MemTest86 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MemTest86 error: Memorie G.Skill F4 16GB DDR4 2133MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit i have them for almost but today after MemTest86 i see one of them is faulty 63 errors and i don t know what to do someone help me this is a completation from I need help my pc has bsod everytime i play something -...
  5. MemTest86 error

MemTest86 error: Memorie G.Skill F4 16GB DDR4 2133MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit i have them for almost but today after MemTest86 i see one of them is faulty 63 errors and i don t know what to do someone help me this is a completation from I need help my pc has bsod everytime i play something -...
  6. Help with MemTest86 Result

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with MemTest86 Result: Hello and greetings to everyone, I can't think of any site to ask about this except Microsoft but here it is. So a little background, I purchased a ram online for my laptop, my laptop was currently sluggish at 4gb and decided to get 4gb to get 8gb. So the problem is, I get...
  7. Memtest86

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest86: Hello! Someone just advised me to do a memtest, I got the result but I don't know what it means. I was experiencing BSODs such as systemserviceexception, fpnlistcorrupt, pagefaultinnonpagedarea. Thanks...
  8. Memtest86 4000 error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest86 4000 error?: [ATTACH] Hello, Can anyone interpret that for me? Is it CPU or RAM error? My system is currently receiving countless blues screens. Any help is appreciated. Memtest86 4000 Fehler?
  9. Memtest86

Memtest86: I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then extract that to reveal the .exe file. Is that how it works? 138924
  10. Memtest86

in Windows 10 Support
    Memtest86: I downloaded Memtest86 and extracted the zip file. There is an .img inside the extraction. I believe I can change the .img file to .iso file then extract that to reveal the .exe file. Is that how it works? 138924