Windows 10: Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much

Discus and support Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I can't understand the naysayers from W7 complaining about W10's start menu. In the words of the Immortal Bard (W. Shakespeare)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 1, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much

Hi there

I can't understand the naysayers from W7 complaining about W10's start menu.

In the words of the Immortal Bard (W. Shakespeare) "methinks the Lady doth protest too much",

Showing here W7 and W10 menus -- I prefer also the W10 menu where you just type without needing a search entry like W7 and all the bits on the Right hand side of the W7 menu are available by just right mouse click on the windows logo.

I prefer the live tiles to the static W7 entries,

W7 here

Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much [​IMG]

W10 here

Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much [​IMG]

Remember also you can delete Live tiles etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 1, 2015

2. Can I Legally Transfer an OEM Copy Windows to Another PC?

So do you know why Microsoft's support was telling my I could transfer it? Also, do you know what happened to w7 licences that I activated on w10? Do they remain w7 licenses? The lady at Microsoft told me that I could use a w7 license to move from windows
    10 to windows 7, even after 30 days is this true?

GhostRider440, Aug 1, 2015
  3. roz_n97 Win User
    n97 Garbage? Nokia RIP

methinks he protesteth too much...

...but I can understand the frustration.

roz_n97, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much

1. Menu - W7 vs W10 - methinks the Lady doth protest too much - Similar Threads - Menu W10 methinks

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  6. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  7. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  8. A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10

in Browsers and Email
    A bit Geeky but read - IE11 on W7 Vs IE11 on W10: Hi there This post might be a bit "Geeky" so skip if you aren't interested. I downloaded a FREE Laptop trial version of SAP (a great learning tool for perhaps one of the largest ERP companies out there) to test and learn a bit about the programming language used by SAP...
  9. Return from W10 to W7

Return from W10 to W7: Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me. 27444
  10. W10 Market Share Surge vs W7

in Windows 10 News
    W10 Market Share Surge vs W7: W10 gained ~2% in July. XP gained ~0.5%! W7 down ~2%. [img] NetMarketShare 58633