Windows 10: Merge Directories

Discus and support Merge Directories in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two large Directories (about 25 GB each, 6-7000 files) that contain similar information. One may have newer files than the other. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by w1ksz, Sep 9, 2015.

1. w1ksz Win User

Merge Directories

I have two large Directories (about 25 GB each, 6-7000 files) that contain
    similar information. One may have newer files than the other. I would like
    to merge them into one Directory and eliminate duplicate files.

Is there some software that can do that ?

Thanks,

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, Sep 9, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

When I double click to open a folder, I get an error message that 'the file does not have a program associated with it'

Hi Kelgem, this is a common enough error . . .

The association between folder/directory and Explorer.exe is broken

Click the link below, on the blue list click 'Folder' and 'Directory' to download 2 reg files

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/file-associat...

When they have downloaded, right click each of those files and choose 'Merge', then confirm the merge

Restart your PC and this issue will be resolved . . .

That's It!

DaveM121, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Error while trying to uninstall a program "unable to execute the file in the temporery directory.setup aborted error 5:access is denied"

iam not uninstalling my apps because it rised error "unable to execute temporery directory set up is aborted"

[Merged]

bhoomeshpallikonda, Sep 9, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Merge Directories

topgundcp, Sep 9, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    you could also try robocopy

eg Code: robocopy "C:\Directory with new things" "C:\Directory with old things" /b /e /r:0 /w:0 /xo /copyall /mt[/quote]

6. w1ksz Win User
    Dos ????

[/quote]

w1ksz, Sep 10, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    It was introduced in Vista - you run it from the command prompt....

8. CountMike New Member

Merge Directories

Can also just move/copy one over the other and say NO to overwrite question, delete leftovers from the first folder.

CountMike, Sep 10, 2015
  9. w1ksz Win User
    The only problem with that is there are over 7,700 files.

w1ksz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Merge Directories

1. Merge Directories - Similar Threads - Merge Directories

2. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  3. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  4. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  5. Can't Merge Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Merge Unallocated Space: I have an SSD drive and I'm would like to merge all unallocated space together so it's not in random places but it wont allow me to do so and I cannot merge the healthy recovery to the 1.06gb partition next to it either. These partitions were created by windows 11 and my ssdI...
  6. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  7. collapsing/merging a directory in windows 11 File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    collapsing/merging a directory in windows 11 File Explorer.: So I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have just spent a good 30 minutes faffing about trying to figure out or find a way to easily:1. search for a large number of files in a group of folders and sub-folders2. how to collate all the contents of these directories to...
  8. collapsing/merging a directory in windows 11 File Explorer.

collapsing/merging a directory in windows 11 File Explorer.: So I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have just spent a good 30 minutes faffing about trying to figure out or find a way to easily:1. search for a large number of files in a group of folders and sub-folders2. how to collate all the contents of these directories to...
  9. can i merge 500 directories ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i merge 500 directories ?: I have over 500 directories in Windows 10, each containing a single file, all pdfs. Is there a simple way to copy all pdf files into a single directory ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-500-directories/691120b0-987f-46bd-bfc8-24e6adacfb8e
  10. My documents and pictures folders are merged after i changed the directory to onedrive and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My documents and pictures folders are merged after i changed the directory to onedrive and...: so i was trying to set up a backup by moving the documents folder and pictures folder to onedrive, however i forgot to redirect it to a subfolder in onedrive and just directed it straight to 'C:/users/kevin/onedrive'. so obviously they both became 'onedrive'. So to fix this i...