Windows 10: "Merge" missing from .reg context menu

Discus and support "Merge" missing from .reg context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "Merge" is missing on my ,reg context menu. The only supposed solution I could find here was for Win 7, but it didnt work. 61626 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kitpzyxmsir, Aug 25, 2016.

1. "Merge" missing from .reg context menu

"Merge" is missing on my ,reg context menu.

The only supposed solution I could find here was for Win 7, but it didnt work.

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Mattew24 Win User

Change the default action for .reg files

Do you have tested my two keys in Win 10 Keith?

Contrary to XP I don't know well Win 10 registry behavior so I'm wondering this ... If I merge them to the registry do the change remains limited to
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell] subkey or it affects other registry keys?

Thanks for the reply Shawn, I prefer to modify the contextual menu order not to change the default app for .reg files.

Mattew24, Aug 25, 2016
  3. CHANGE FOLDER PERMISSIONS

DaveM121

What a star!!! Brilliant you have solved the problem for me and saved me hours of work. Can't thank you enough.

regards

john

johnkirkman1, Aug 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

"Merge" missing from .reg context menu

philc43, Aug 25, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Merge is only available if you are logged on as an Administrator account. If you log on as a regular account, it will not show. Needs Admin privileges. Just mention this in case you are logged on as a regular account.

f14tomcat, Aug 25, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello kitpzyxmsir, *Smile

Double check in Default Programs to make sure that the .reg file extension has its Current Default program set as Registry Editor (C:\Windows\regedit.exe). Afterwards, try merging the .reg file again.

Brink, Aug 25, 2016
  7. Thanks to all for your good advice.

The fact is, when philc43 posted the link to those REG file association fixes, it rang a bell.

I already had them, but forgot. *Redface

Thanks for waking me up. Ran the .reg file fix and it worked.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Merge" missing from .reg context menu

1. "Merge" missing from .reg context menu - Similar Threads - Merge missing reg

2. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  3. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  4. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  5. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  7. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  8. Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files

in Windows 10 Support
    Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files: So when I edit .reg files, I prefer to edit them with VS Code instead of notepad by default. I notice that .reg files have an "edit" context menu entry that appears when you right click on them, but this context menu entry opens up notepad by default. It tried adding the...
  9. Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup missing from Share With context menu.: I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro and joined my Homegroup. When I right click a folder and choose Share With from the context menu the only option is Advanced Sharing. What must I do to be able to share a folder with the Homegroup? Thanks. 21634
  10. "Extract All" missing from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Extract All" missing from context menu: I understand that Windows 10 has a default zip file zip/unzip feature but the "Extract All" option is not on my rt. click file context menu. Is there a setting I need to find or is there a problem? 72979

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https: //www.dropbox.com/s/ek5gmtjmjf6d49r/Insta ...