Windows 10: Merge Two Partititons Between Recovery Partition

Discus and support Merge Two Partititons Between Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) and I want to use my old HDD (WDC Black 1TB) for games. Right now my old HDD has 2 unallocated spaces and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cliffflip, Jun 19, 2017.

1. cliffflip Win User

Merge Two Partititons Between Recovery Partition

Hi, I just bought an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) and I want to use my old HDD (WDC Black 1TB) for games. Right now my old HDD has 2 unallocated spaces and a 'Recovery Partition' between them. How can I merge all of them into 1 partitions (1TB)?

Screenshot : Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Please help, thanks *Smile

:)

cliffflip, Jun 19, 2017
  2. WindowsOS Win User

Unallocated Disk Space Windows 10

The two partitions Must be next to each other to merge them. The recovery partition is in between the C: drive and the unallocated partition. First you will have to merge the unallocated partition with the recovery partition and then you should be able to
    merge the new merged partitions with your C: partition to make one Big partition. You might want to backup anything you have on your Recovery partition first and then format it. Don't know what program your using to do this but Aomie Partition Assistant is
    a good one and it's Free from the link below.

Download Magic Free Partition Manager Software - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

WindowsOS, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Johnny_55 Win User
    Partitions and Windows Update issues caused by partition sizes...

Looking at the picture you posted, that is the normal setup on a GPT disk. On a MBR disk, the recovery partition is at the end so it can be merged with the c: partition.

GPT requires the two partitions in between so there really is not a way to merge the recovery partition to your c:

If this really bothers you the only way around this would be to change your GPT disk to MBR and keep a recovery DVD or flash card for re-installation.

Johnny_55, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

It seems Disk 1 is empty. If so, then simply reformat the drive. Else, you can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to sort disk partitions

Steve C, Jun 19, 2017
  5. cliffflip Win User
    Thanks for your reply *Smile

Yes, Disk 1 is empty except for 450MB 'Recovery Partition'. I can't delete that recovery partition and thus, cannot format the disk into single, 1TB partition. How to use MiniTool Partition Wizard to solve this?

cliffflip, Jun 19, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    Install Minitool Partition Wizard Free, click on that recovery partition, select delete then click the Apply button on the top rhs. You should then be able to merge the remaining partitions and format the drive using MPW.

Steve C, Jun 19, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    You could just do this.

From an admin command prompt type

diskpart

select disk 1

clean

create partition primary

select partition 1

format fs=ntfs quick

assign

exit

exit

and drive will be fully ready to use.

cereberus, Jun 19, 2017
  8. cliffflip Win User

^
    thank you very much. solved it under 3 minutes *Smile

cliffflip, Jun 19, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    It is well worth learning how to use diskpart.

cereberus, Jun 19, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    MiniTool Partition Wizard is very handy if your prefer not to use DISKPART.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Merge Two Partititons Between Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Merge Partititons Between

2. two recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two recovery partitions: hi,After update to windows 11, my disk have two recovery partitions. which one i can delete?thank for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-recovery-partitions/14759a92-8ae2-4f6d-8362-4f13af8db315
  3. two recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two recovery partitions: hi,After update to windows 11, my disk have two recovery partitions. which one i can delete?thank for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-recovery-partitions/14759a92-8ae2-4f6d-8362-4f13af8db315
  4. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  5. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  6. Merging two(?) partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merging two(?) partitions: I bought a new laptop (it came with FreeDOS) and wanted to do a fast & clean Windows 10 install, so: 1. I get the boot order right, 2. Boot from my USB stick, 3. Pick the partition and install. It seems, in haste, I forgot about something(?), because the moment I got the...
  7. Efi partition between two partitions

Efi partition between two partitions: Hi, I have an asus tuf fx55dt laptop with a 256gb ssd that has windows installed on it and a 1 tb hard drive as well. I am going to list the series of events that took place : 1) I installed ubuntu by creating a 300gb partition on my hdd. 2) ubuntu was not booting up...
  8. How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?

How to move recovery/OEM partitions between two primary partitions to merge latter?: I want to merge the E and D drive. But cant do it because of the 2 OEM partitions in between. Is there any way to merge the E and D drive on my disk...
  9. How to merge two partitions into one?

How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...
  10. Two recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two recovery partitions?: Hi, I am using Windows 10.0.16299 build 16299 My PC is UEFI. I noticed this partition layout: [img] is it normal? Why two recovery partition (at beginning and at the end)? Thank you! 106688