Windows 10: Merging two win 10 installations??

Discus and support Merging two win 10 installations?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently the processor on one of my computers fried and there is quite a bit of software and saved files stored on that computer's HDD. I have another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zipperv82, Oct 20, 2017.

1. zipperv82 Win User

Merging two win 10 installations??

Recently the processor on one of my computers fried and there is quite a bit of software and saved files stored on that computer's HDD. I have another computer that is running the same version of windows, I have already physically installed the HDD from the unusable computer into the working one. Is there any way to merge the windows installation from the HDD that I transplanted into the working computer with the windows installation that is on the HDD that was already in that computer. Thanks

:)

zipperv82, Oct 20, 2017

2. How Do I make 2 Drives one

I'm trying to merge. I have two disks the old HD and a new SSD. They have the same image on both. The image has two partitions. I want to merge the two partitions on my SSD. Then I will just remove my old HD. I don't think Win 10 works well on such
    a small (12 gig) partition. But the OS does not work if I just copy it to the bigger partition.

ROCKINGROBBINS, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Vista/7 multiboot

I have one hard drive with four partitions, Vista on one partition Win 7 on one partition and two blank partitions. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 and delete Vista, and merge the Vista partition to the Win 10 partition. Can I do that with a clean install
    on Win 10 after I upgrade? I would like to keep my programs and files. 64 bit.

DualbootYK, Oct 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you mean e.g. can you automatically transfer the programs from one Windows installation to another, then yes.

a. Create a disk image of the old Windows partition (assuming all progs are installed there).
    b. Get a one-time license for either of the appropriate Laplink or Easeus products and install that on the new system.
    c. Connect the disk with the disk image file (e.g. USB disk)
    d. Run the program/follow its instructions.

See the sites for more.

Note: you will have to work out the benefit of this- cost vs time to reinstall the programs.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Merging two win 10 installations?? - Similar Threads - Merging installations

2. Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...: Hello everyone!So when I installed Windows 10 3 weeks ago, Windows chose to use 2 drives for the installation. I didnt know this until today, when I bought a new drive and unplugged the SSD where Windows had 2 hidden partitions with part of the windows files.I had an error...
  3. Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...: Hello everyone!So when I installed Windows 10 3 weeks ago, Windows chose to use 2 drives for the installation. I didnt know this until today, when I bought a new drive and unplugged the SSD where Windows had 2 hidden partitions with part of the windows files.I had an error...
  4. Fresh Windows 10 install into 2 separate drives without my consent, need to merge back into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  6. Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot merge an unallocated partition with Windows install partition.: My partitions are in order as followed: 512 MB EFI Partition, 108.04 GB Unallocated Partition, and 129.93 GB NTFS Partition my Windows install partition. It isn't letting me merge the unallocated partition with my Windows install, any solutions?...
  7. Clean Install while existing merged partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install while existing merged partitions: Hello all, I am using Windows 10 on a PC. I had merged my non-system partitions for storage. When my system crashed and cannot boot anymore, I decided to go with long due system hard drive increase and bought another SSD. I made a clean install only by disconnecting one of...
  8. Process for merging windows installed prog files and registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Process for merging windows installed prog files and registry: I had a windows 10 install nuked by a windows update due to intel optane RST driver. The system had two drives. I spent many hours trying to recover, but never found a working technique. I've since re-installed Windows 10. However I still have the Program Files and system...
  9. How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge into multiboot different HDD windows 10 installations into a single SSD: Greetings folks, My thinkpad got 2 hard drives with critical software: 1st drive with dual-boot windows10/windows10 64bits 400gb Partitions: EFI, recovery, windows, windows 2nd drive with a windows 10 64 bits 500b Partitions: EFI, recovery, windows I got tired of...
  10. Skip or Merge files option missing after installing updates on the PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skip or Merge files option missing after installing updates on the PC: How do I change the settings in My Docs so it doesn't save multiple copies of the same file? Prior to updating Windows 10 I received a 'message box' asking to confirm overwriting existing file - if I didn't want to overwrite the existing version I would just click cancel....