Windows 10: Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone

Discus and support Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://gyazo.com/7349391449fa06931d5f8b0e035086c5 The above message is displayed when I try to access any device via File Exlporer even though the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by russsipe, Jun 23, 2018.

1. russsipe Win User

Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone

https://gyazo.com/7349391449fa06931d5f8b0e035086c5

The above message is displayed when I try to access any device via File Exlporer even though the file mentioned was removed hours ago. I tried cold rebooting and then wating one minute before rebooting. Nothing helps. Thanks in advance fore any help.

:)

russsipe, Jun 23, 2018

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone

X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone

1. Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone - Similar Threads - Message Indicates Device

2. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Device still appeared after deletion: Hi, I have an issue with device removing at https://account.microsoft.com/devicesThere were 2 devices in my Microsoft account: 1. my primary laptop, and 2. A secondhand laptop sold outI deleted/removed the second laptop, but it still appeared on my Devices page on the next...
  3. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device still appeared after deletion: Hi, I have an issue with device removing at https://account.microsoft.com/devicesThere were 2 devices in my Microsoft account: 1. my primary laptop, and 2. A secondhand laptop sold outI deleted/removed the second laptop, but it still appeared on my Devices page on the next...
  4. Device still appeared after deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "neutron bomb": files all gone, but folders still present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "neutron bomb": files all gone, but folders still present: I have a problem with 1 of the very large folders >1 GB with many sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc. ALL the files in the entire folder were gone, while ALL the sub-folders, sub-sub-folders were still present.Since I had a backup, I did not lose many files.However, it was...
  6. No Audio Output device is Installed even when audio devices are present.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output device is Installed even when audio devices are present.: This morning, my PC started up without playing any audio and showing 'No Audio Output Device in installed' with a red cross in the volume section. I have uninstalled and re installed the audio drivers, disabled and re-enabled them. I have also restarted the windows audio...
  7. Device still appears in the device manager after uninstallation.

Device still appears in the device manager after uninstallation.: I am having problems with the "Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200" and want to reinstall it cleanly. When I uninstall the device with the device manager it appears there again after a reboot. Is there a way to completely uninstall the device?...
  8. After Updating Windows 10, Still Get "This app is not compatible with this device" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Updating Windows 10, Still Get "This app is not compatible with this device" message: First off, my genuine thanks to whomever tries to help me out. Much appreciated. Blessings on you. So, after not being able to install the Windows 10 version of Samsung Notes I did a full major version OS upgrade to my Windows 10 machine. Wowzers. That "only" took 3 hours,...
  9. Touchpad device shows as not present

Touchpad device shows as not present: My touchpad stopped working and I am receiving this error message in properties: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Code 24 I have tried update driver, disable device and roll back driver and nothing changed....
  10. Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone.

Message Indicates Device is Still Present Even After Device is Gone.: https://gyazo.com/7349391449fa06931d5f8b0e035086c5 The above message appears even after the device is gone. The device is a flashcard. Thanks in advance for any help. 112822