Windows 10: Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages

Discus and support Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How can I move location of messages in windows 10 mail app form the default location on drive C: to drive d: ? Walter 97741 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WalterW, Nov 10, 2017.

1. WalterW Win User

Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages

How can I move location of messages in windows 10 mail app form the default location on drive C: to drive d: ?

Walter

:)

WalterW, Nov 10, 2017

2. Win 10 Mail attachments

The problem with attachments is only in the Win 10 Mail app on my laptop.

I just received a message sent to my MSN.com address with two small JPG attachments (<100 kb). When I view the message on the web using Outlook.com, the pictures are visible directly in the email and it is noted there are two attachments. I checked the
    same message on the same machine using MSN Explorer with the embedded mail program, and it shows there are attachments, which I had no trouble opening.

Viewing the same message on a different laptop running Win 8.1 Mail app, it says there are two attachments which I can open and save. BUT when I look at the message in the Win 10 Mail app, it is blank and there is no indication that there are attachments.

Based on my 35 years experience with computers and the testing I have done, I must conclude that the problem is with Win 10 Mail app so I suggest that Microsoft look into this issue.

SewsALot710, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Mail app doesn't confgure after Win 8.1 to Win 10 upgrade.

Yes, the issue is only specific to the mail app in Windows 10. I have tried setting up the same account in a few Windows 10 machines.

The error message was reported to MS Answers (7 techs) who duplicated it via LOGMEIN remote. Essentially, it doesn't locate the server winmetro.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993 in Win 10, but works in Win 8.1 after the rollback.

David Boucher, Nov 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

It's a great idea to keep user data off C: - but in this case, as far as I know, not possible.
    How to move location of Mail App mail storage to another drive

This is where they are:
    Same reply here: (see zigzag3143's reply further down)
    How can I change the storage location of Mail in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

I gave up on MS mail programs after Outlook Express -> Windows Mail -> nothing.. and use Thunderbird. That keeps its data in a rational location.

dalchina, Nov 10, 2017
  5. WalterW Win User
    Thanks for your replies. I agree Win 10 Mail poor compared with Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail, I think the best route I should take is use Thunderbird.

Walter

WalterW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Message location of Win 10 Mail app messages - Similar Threads - Message location Mail

2. mail app in windows 10 If I get a message with an invitation and accept The message get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app in windows 10 If I get a message with an invitation and accept The message get...: Hi I am using the mail app in windows 10 If I get a message with an invitation and accept The message get sent to the trash how can I stop this...
  3. Windows 10 Mail App Unable to move messages

Windows 10 Mail App Unable to move messages: Windows 10 Home 20H2. When I right click on a message I get a context menu which includes 'Move'. When I highlight 'Move' the following appears above it - 'Move this item to another folder' - but when I try to access this option it disappears. The same happens with all...
  4. Fix Account Message in Mail App

Fix Account Message in Mail App: I use Windows 10 with Version 1909 on a PC Suddenly, a couple of days ago, when I opened Mail, I got a notification that my settings were out of date. I clicked Fix Account. The screen showed the address of one of my two email accounts and asked for the password. I...
  5. Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Message Font in Windows 10 Mail app: Because of my small screen (10.2") I set the default font for the mail app (using Window 10 Home v. 1903, completely up-to-date as of July 30) at 12-point. However, when I start to prepare a new mail message, it always goes back to 11-point, EVEN THOUGH THE DEFAULT FONT...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app won't open a message: Suddenly, a message simply won't open so I can read it. I can see the collapsed form, with the first line of each of several messages that make up the conversation trail, but not the body of the email....
  7. Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping

Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping: I have set up a gmailaccount in the windows 10 mail app. When I go to view emails in my inbox the text is often overlapping making it impossible to read. Any possible fixes or solutions?...
  8. Hyperlinks in Win 10 Mail messages always opening in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Hyperlinks in Win 10 Mail messages always opening in Edge: Would like to change that to default browser. Is this possible? It's not doing it, even with other browsers set as default. Would like these hyper-links to open in whatever browser is set as default. 119102
  9. Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most....
  10. Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app How to Delete Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...