Windows 10: Message "not enough RAM", Win closes programs / crashes - how to avoid

Discus and support Message "not enough RAM", Win closes programs / crashes - how to avoid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How could I avoid such messages (saying something like not enough RAM, close programs to avoid data loss, Win will close some programs). Explorer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bingus, May 16, 2016.

1. Bingus Win User

Message "not enough RAM", Win closes programs / crashes - how to avoid

How could I avoid such messages (saying something like not enough RAM, close programs to avoid data loss, Win will close some programs). Explorer is shown to be closed, but I didn't open it):

Message "not enough RAM", Win closes programs / crashes - how to avoid [​IMG]

My system:

Task Manager shows the Explorer with high memory use:

or

or

Obviously this message appears while I am unzipping archives.

Windows then just closes programs or crashes or what ever one might call that becavior (it sometimes logs me off and immediately on, etc.), the display flickers, etc.

Task Manager shows about 30 % of RAM being free. Why is it not enough?

I do not have opened "Explorer", so why does the message say to close Explorer?

There often are further messages when the first message appears of other programs like: "Out of memory".

My settings for the virtual memory before (set managed by Win):

My settings now to try to solve the problem (without success):

Windows 10 Version 6.2 (Build 9200) Home, 64bit
    8 GB RAM
    Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573)

How could I make the system work properly?

:)

Bingus, May 16, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 16, 2016
  3. SIrwin_62 Win User
    Paint not enough memory or resources to complete operation.

When I try to save a PNG file, I get the message "There is not enough memory or resources to complete this operation. Close some programs, then try again." Closing other programs does not help. I've tried the solutions posted in other discussions, but
    they are either not relevant, or do not work. I'm using win 10. Could someone help?

SIrwin_62, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Message "not enough RAM", Win closes programs / crashes - how to avoid

1. Message "not enough RAM", Win closes programs / crashes - how to avoid - Similar Threads - Message enough RAM

2. Is 8gb RAM not enough now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is 8gb RAM not enough now?: Hello,I just bought a new laptop with a built-in 8gb RAM and windows 11. Right at the store, I had technicians install 1 more 8gb RAM. I came home happily knowing that I would have a bunch of RAM to spare and have to worry about lack of RAM no more. When I start the laptop...
  3. Not enough RAM with only 50% usage and BSOD/Crash on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not enough RAM with only 50% usage and BSOD/Crash on sleep: Hello!GPU: Radeon RX 570 SeriesCPU: IntelR CoreTM i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHzRAM: 12GB DDR3Storage: C: 222/446 GB E: 484/931 GBSo I've been running into several issues title for quite a long time and I recently went to fix my pc but nothing changed and I would like to try...
  4. Not enough memory error RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough memory error RAM: Hi,I really need to scan lots of documents but each time after it scans it won't save bc it says there isn't enough Ram memory. I have tried fixing it thru making the RAM file 3000 and also re-starting the computer. It will do one big scan and save and go back to saying not...
  5. Important message to avoid scammers.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Important message to avoid scammers.: Is there anyone that would like to learn "the holy Scriptures" apart from "false teachers"? -Romans 1:2; 2 Peter 2:1. If so, contact me at: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Not enough RAM

Not enough RAM: I have had my pc for a few months and I just started having this problem. Whenever I'm playing a game or have a bunch of chrome tabs open, I'll get an error that says something along the lines of, "not enough memory." I don't know why this would happen because it only says...
  7. Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 4 GB of RAM Enough?: Work is sending me a laptop since my personal one has been giving me issues. However, when looking at the specs, I noticed that the RAM is only 4 GB (i3 processor), and this has me pretty worried. Specifically, the model is a Dell Inspiron 14 5000 Series 2-in1 (5406). I am a...
  8. Programs closing with no warning WIN 10

Programs closing with no warning WIN 10: Not sure what event would indicate the source of the problem. On startup apps open then immediately close. Faulting application name: TextInputHost.exe, version: 2001.22012.0.551, time stamp: 0x5f7e6ecc Faulting module name: GTII-OSD64.dll, version: 2.0.6.4, time stamp:...
  9. Minecraft crashes and says there isnt enough ram with 3gb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minecraft crashes and says there isnt enough ram with 3gb: Everytime i try to launch minecraft, it crashes while in the mojang loading bar and i get a error message saying there isnt enough ram when theres plenty and before that it was working fine on 2gb. i cant find any fixes anywhere...
  10. is 2GB RAM enough?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is 2GB RAM enough?: I was going to install Windows 10 on an old Pentium Dual Core PC with 2GB RAM, currently running Windows 7. Is it best to upgrade the RAM to 4GB first? 6444