Windows 10: Message on lock screen

Discus and support Message on lock screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I recently went to open my laptop up and found a strange message on my lock screen. In a green square was a message which read something like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LuciusClaud, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Message on lock screen

Hello.

I recently went to open my laptop up and found a strange message on my lock screen. In a green square was a message which read something like 'see what's going on irl' and also had a circle with a 1 in it, next to which it said something about Mail. I run regular scans with Mcafee and MalwareBytes and I have never had malware on my system. I have nothing new in my downloads either. I ran a scan with MalwareBytes immediately after seeing the message and nothing came up. I also ran Mcafee Rootkit scan and this also found nothing.

Is this a bug with the lockscreen, or could there be something more serious going on?

:)

LuciusClaud, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

99+ Messages on Lock Screen

Open the "Messaging App" to check.

Edwin, Jul 18, 2018
  3. 99+ Messages on Lock Screen

Hello,

My lock screen has a notification of a speech bubble with 99+ written next to it. I can't work out what it's referring to. Please see the attachment:

Message on lock screen [​IMG]

If anyone could suggest what this is referring to or how I might be able to find out, that would be great.

Thanks!

DanielDC88, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Message on lock screen

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Message on lock screen

1. Message on lock screen - Similar Threads - Message lock screen

2. My screen is locked with a message that windows defender has locked it and to call...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is locked with a message that windows defender has locked it and to call...: A pop up screen has popped up and it says windows defender has locked my computer for security reasons and to call 1-888-261-7462. There is a recording saying this over and over. How do I fix this?...
  3. weird message on my windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird message on my windows lock screen: I'm getting a weird messages at the bottom on my Windows 11 Lock screen with the following text "Cao Bduo 18 ... Make Love Come On ... g642p7t.com 9/4 - 16/4". any clue? Best Regards,Jax...
  4. weird message on my windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird message on my windows lock screen: I'm getting a weird messages at the bottom on my Windows 11 Lock screen with the following text "Cao Bduo 18 ... Make Love Come On ... g642p7t.com 9/4 - 16/4". any clue? Best Regards,Jax...
  5. Lock screen message 'You will lose this device'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen message 'You will lose this device'?: Does anyone know what this lock screen message means 'You will lose this device'?The user is using a Microsoft account, the account is verified on the PCWindows 10...
  6. Lock screen message 'You will lose this device'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen message 'You will lose this device'?: Does anyone know what this lock screen message means 'You will lose this device'?The user is using a Microsoft account, the account is verified on the PCWindows 10...
  7. Lock screen message 'You will lose this device'?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Caps Lock on/off message on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock on/off message on screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 because of a new PC purchase. Now I cannot see when I turn on/off Caps Lock. There is a slight beep but this does not work for me. I need to reactivate the caps lock/num lock message on screen. I attempted some of the answers in the...
  9. Strange message on black screen (screen lock?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange message on black screen (screen lock?): Neither McAfee nor Windows Defender find a virus but whenever my screen lock comes on, I get the following strange message: "There are no pictures in Libraries\Pictures". I can't make a screen print because as soon as I touch any key, the message disappears. The message is in...
  10. 99+ Messages on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    99+ Messages on Lock Screen: Hello, My lock screen has a notification of a speech bubble with 99+ written next to it. I can't work out what it's referring to. Please see the attachment: [img] If anyone could suggest what this is referring to or how I might be able to find out, that would be great....