Windows 10: Message On P.O.S.T. Screen

Discus and support Message On P.O.S.T. Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, On the computer I'm typing this on, I'm running: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC System Type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Davy49, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Davy49 Win User

Message On P.O.S.T. Screen

Hi,
    On the computer I'm typing this on, I'm running: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC System Type x64-based PC During P.O.S.T., I'm seeing some information..but it's displayed so quickly I don't have time to read what it says. My computer seems to be functioning properly, but I would still like to see why that information is being displayed. Hopefully..someone will know why.
    Thanks,
    David

:)

Davy49, Apr 17, 2017

2. P.O.S.T. log at startup

I have been trying to figure this out since I got my new Dell Computer with Windows 10 on it almost a year ago. In previous versions of Windows, I was able to set the BIOS of that computer to show me the Power On Self Test (POST) results prior to starting
    Windows. I have not been able to find a setting to do that. I contacted Dell today to find out why, and I was told that this ability was removed with Windows 10. I would like to know why, and I would like to request that you put that feature back in. I
    would like to see these results at startup so I can be sure all my hardware is working properly and that I can see all devices prior to the start of Windows 10.

Daniel Toomey, Apr 17, 2017
  3. jr283 Win User
    fix the stuck on automatic repair

Hi what's were you doing prior to the issue?

Did windows automatically revert into recovery environment after attempts at power on?

Have you a recovery media to boot from and try startup repair?

Have you tried manually to enter recovery environment during P.O.S.T ?

jr283, Apr 17, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Do you have a cell phone or camera with video recording capability? Take a video of the computer booting and then examine the video frame by frame and you can see what info is displayed. It's probably just displaying which drives the UEFI/BIOS is detecting and which SATA ports they are connected to.

NavyLCDR, Apr 17, 2017
  5. Davy49 Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR​,
    The last thing I tried seems to have corrected​ the issue I was having. I went back into the BIOS and changed a setting from 'quick boot' to 'clear memory', so far I haven't seen what I was seeing. Thanks for your reply.
    David

Davy49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Message On P.O.S.T. Screen - Similar Threads - Message Screen

2. When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen: In programs such as Chrome and Edge, the window gradually grows to the full screen when a pop-up message appears when you press Closehttps://youtu.be/m3BpaFQ6Jh4 please help me...
  3. When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When a close pop-up message appears, the window changes to the full screen: In programs such as Chrome and Edge, the window gradually grows to the full screen when a pop-up message appears when you press Closehttps://youtu.be/m3BpaFQ6Jh4 please help me...
  4. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  5. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  6. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 shows blue screen after undoing changes made to your computer message

Windows 11 shows blue screen after undoing changes made to your computer message: Updated computer to windows 11 and when installimg update screen displays undoing changes made to your computer and then a blue screen. Been trying to enter safe mode with the hold power button for 5-10 seconds method and doesnt work. Now my computer is useless all bc I...
  8. Windows 11 shows blue screen after undoing changes made to your computer message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shows blue screen after undoing changes made to your computer message: Updated computer to windows 11 and when installimg update screen displays undoing changes made to your computer and then a blue screen. Been trying to enter safe mode with the hold power button for 5-10 seconds method and doesnt work. Now my computer is useless all bc I...
  9. Screen Saver doesn't work, printer error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver doesn't work, printer error message: Several errors have recently cropped up. I am running Windows 10 Home. My screen saver doesn't work any long and I get a message telling me that a need a newer video card. My printer is no longer talking to my computer either, and I get a message that the shortcut cannot be...
  10. Screen Saver doesn't work, printer error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Saver doesn't work, printer error message: Several errors have recently cropped up. I am running Windows 10 Home. My screen saver doesn't work any long and I get a message telling me that a need a newer video card. My printer is no longer talking to my computer either, and I get a message that the shortcut cannot be...