Windows 10: Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing!

Discus and support Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I use Avast which is very good indeed but over the last 3 days every time I boot up my laptop a message appears in blue box which says 'file found and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by moggie, Nov 18, 2016.

1. moggie Win User

Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing!

I use Avast which is very good indeed but over the last 3 days every time I boot up my laptop a message appears in blue box which says 'file found and quarantined' or something like that. I quickly click on the ! in the corner of box but there is no info and the box disappears and appears again the next time I log in after switching of the laptop.

I went into Avast and found quarantine history but there was none! So I did a complete scan and nothing came up.

After the blue box appeared and disappeared I went to launch a program and another blue box appeared in the middle of the screen which said 'NSIS Error - Error loading installation' I clicked out of this box and all was ok - but this box now appears occasionally on my screen.

Are the two problems connected and what can I do to sort this out?

I restored my system to a few days before this started to happen but this has made no difference.

Help any one!!

:)

moggie, Nov 18, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Infecged files

Hi Excel, generally when Windows Defender identifies infected files, it quarantines them and no further action by the user is required . . .

If Windows Defender keeps coming up with a message about these files, it means it has now removed them, open Windows Defender and perform an offline scan to remove these files . . .

DaveM121, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender

Thanks very much for the answer.

The History says that the Trojan:Java/Jaraut.A has been found and quarantined. I have run a full scan and offline scan, but the message appears again. Same threat:

Trojan:Java/Jaraut.A

Alert level: Severe

Date: 19/03/2018

Recommended action: Remove the threat now.

Category: Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack

Affected items:

file: C:\Windows\Temp\ioc2A18.tmp

CelestinoGomez Cid, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing!

Hi:

This thread at MS forum may have something for you:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-557e5d0e9f26
    (It predates Windows 10, but the possible reasons for the error and maybe some of the fixes might still work.)

Can you please post a screen shot of the error message?
    (I am concerned that you may be infected with malware.)

MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 18, 2016
  5. moggie Win User
    Thanks Moxie Momma from uk
    it is not happening at the moment but when it does i will send you a screen shot however........................................after you came back to me this morning i looked through all my programs and noticed that last week a program called pokki had appeared (i had not downloaded it!)

it looked like something to do with apps and i do not use apps at all (i am elderly). i uninstalled the program immediately. could this have been anything to do with the messages?

thanks again

moggie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing!

1. Message re. quarantined file keeps appearing! - Similar Threads - Message quarantined file

2. Windows 11 failed to load correctly message keeps appearing on re-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 failed to load correctly message keeps appearing on re-boot: Hello, I have a brand new Alienware Aurora R-13 with Windows 11. It seems like whenever my system has full shutdown, upon boot up it will show the blue screen error that "windows did not load correctly". When I click the "restart my PC" option from this page, it reloads fine,...
  3. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  4. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel folder keeps re-appearing: Hello,Why is it every time I login thru Windows, the Intel folder on Local C: is always created? I tried deleting it, and it just keeps on re-appearing every time you restart Windows. This is what I see whenever I'm about to delete the Intel folder....
  5. Intel folder keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Recovery Message keeps appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Message keeps appearing: My problem with my laptop is that I open it up and it gives me a recovery message. I shut it down and restart the computer 3 times and i still get the same recovery message. I can only press enter to restart and it doesn't help. Also, I cannot press the F8 key. I do not know...
  7. Afrikaans language keeps re-appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Afrikaans language keeps re-appearing: Hi Windows 10 has a bug where Afrikaans keyboard keeps re-appearing after being totally removed. I noticed many people complained about it in the past, so if this problem keeps happening to you too, please upvote this feedback entry: https://aka.ms/AA8gne3 Yigal...
  8. Activate Windows message keeps re-appearing even after activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows message keeps re-appearing even after activation: I am running Windows 10 Pro on a HP laptop and the last couple of weeks the "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows" keeps re-appearing every few days - even though I go an re-activate it under Settings. My windows 10 is valid and there has been no hardware...
  9. Guidance - Hotmail Messages in Wndows 10 Mail App Keep Re-appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Guidance - Hotmail Messages in Wndows 10 Mail App Keep Re-appearing: Hi, All I have started using the Windows 10 Mail app on my Galaxybook for my hotmail email address. I have cleared out the Mail App at least 4 times today, but everytime i go in to look at new mails, all the old ones are back again. Whats even worse, if I actually log...
  10. Bloat apps keep re-appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bloat apps keep re-appearing: Hey all, I am running Windows 10 Pro X64 v1607 (July 2016 ISO) I recently formatted due to getting an SSD, and now im having issues with bloat apps self-installing themselves. I am using the following two tweaks to remove all the metro apps and disable consumer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trojan:java/jaraut.a