Windows 10: Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Discus and support Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently been getting the following message when I try and shut down my Toshiba Laptop: "Someone else is still using this PC. If you... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hsnhendr, Aug 11, 2018.

1. hsnhendr Win User

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Hi,

I have recently been getting the following message when I try and shut down my Toshiba Laptop:

"Someone else is still using this PC. If you shut down now, you could lose unsaved work"

This has been happening for the past few weeks. As such, I have not shut down my laptop and have just let it sleep. I'm worried about losing files and data (as I'm very amateurish with computers and don't know how to back-up).

I notice that, when I go into task manager, I see a 'defaultuser 1 (11)' profile with the status 'Disconnected'. I have searched for people who have had the same or a similar message and someone mentioned that Avast antivirus could cause this problem - I have got Avast installed. The other suggestions for the problem I did not really understand.

Can someone please explain to me - in a step-by-step way - how I can solve the problem which is causing this error message?

:)

hsnhendr, Aug 11, 2018

2. SHUT DOWN MESSAGE

Hello,

An active app or service that is running in the background might be causing the error message to appear when shutting down your Windows 10 PC. We need more information to properly address your concern. Please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Did you make any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 PC?
    Select the Start button, type
    About your PC, and then press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC. Please post both the
    Version and
    OS Build of your PC.

Devlin Sco, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Taz100420 Win User
    Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

1. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down - Similar Threads - Message someone else

2. "Someone else is still suing this PC" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Someone else is still suing this PC" message: Good day,Last friday I was trying to shut down my Windows 11 laptop. I received the "Someone else is using this PC message". I panicked, so I shut down the computer via power button.I want to know if my computer is safe, if this a possible virus or some kind of bug.For...
  3. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....: I was using the computer and decided to restart it. When I pressed it it came up with "someone else is still using this PC" when I tried. I ended up continuing and pressed restart. Will this lead to data loss?...
  4. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....: I was using the computer and decided to restart it. When I pressed it it came up with "someone else is still using this PC" when I tried. I ended up continuing and pressed restart. Will this lead to data loss?...
  5. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and restart. I did it anyways....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. someone else is still using this PC

someone else is still using this PC: whe I was going to shut down my pc I get this message [ATTACH] then I realized that , this is the user who is logged in my pc, who is this user, and how he logged in [ATTACH]...
  7. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  8. Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Someone else is still using this PC - Warning Message at reboot: Hi, it is a few time (probably since the update to Windows 1903, the actual version that I'm using) that when trying to restart Windows, I receive the warning message "Someone else is still using this PC". I noticed a strange thing along this: the "Processes" and "Users" tabs...
  9. Someone else is still using this pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Someone else is still using this pc: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  10. Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down

Message "someone else is still using this PC" when I try and shut down: I think windows update configuration is required to be changed. In windows 10 go system and security then windows update .on this page you will find methods of windows update. If you have checked mark " download update from other pc on my private betwork and from other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. someone else is still using this pc

2. someone else is using this pc message

3. why this message - if you shut down now you and other people using this PC could lose unsaved work

4. some else is still using this pc,
  5. someone else is still using this pc for windows 10,
  6. somebody else is still using this pc,
  7. if you restart now you and any other people using this pc could lose unsaved work,
  8. fix error if you shut down you and any other people using this pc could lose unsaved work,
  9. message the shut down the pc,
  10. win10 shutdown message someone else is using,
  11. When I go to shut down my PC why does this message display - if you shut down now you and any other people using this PC could lose unsaved work,
  12. someone else is still using this pc shutdown,
  13. when I try to shut down my pc a message pops up saying someone else is using this pc,
  14. shutdown someone else is still using service