Windows 10: Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it.

Discus and support Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello i also have this problem. My "System and security" is saying that Defender is not activated and once i go to windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NunoAlves4, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it.

Split from this thread.​

Hello i also have this problem.

My "System and security" is saying that Defender is not activated and once i go to windows defender settings to activate it i cant. I cant even scan my PC using it.

This started as soon as i was going to check for updates and got the error "0x80070006"

I serached many blogs and Microsoft forums to try and fix it, i ran "sfc /scannow" and "restorehealth" and i also changed the value on DisableAntiSpyware to 0. I dont know what else i can do, and i really dont want to do a fresh install on windows do to not have a way to store my data, and i have a lot of it in my computer.

ps: i did not istall any program before this started

Please help.

:)

NunoAlves4, Jul 5, 2018
  2. jmcslob Win User

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it.

Unable to Activate Win 8

I got Win 8 isntalled on my file server, but I am unable to activate it with the key. Says the key is invalid. Since I work at microsoft I got a retail version from the employee store. I have been doing some reading, and to be able to activate Win8 with the key there needs to be a previous version of Windows installed for it to work. WTF, so you can't do clean installs?

And the box says nothing about Upgrade version. Straight Windows 8 Pro.

MxPhenom 216, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it.

1. Message that Defender is not activated. I'm unable to activate it. - Similar Threads - Message Defender activated

2. Unable to activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate: I have a Surface Go with Windows 10. I did a factory reset and now in the activation settings I get this message: [ATTACH] I never received a product key. It was activated when it was originally set up. Not sure how or where to get the product key?...
  3. Unable to activate window defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to activate window defender antivirus: Hi, I am unable to activate microsoft defender antivirus. Firewall protection is on, everything is proctected but , virus and threat protection is not activated and showing turned off. Kindly help me out here...
  4. Unable to Activate

Unable to Activate: I've downloaded creation tool and formatted windows after i upgraded some hardware parts on my computer. When i am trying to activate windows it says that it's not able to do it. And when i run the troubleshooter it tells me that i have Windows 10 Pro installed and a Windows...
  5. Unable to Activate

Unable to Activate: My computer was running Win Pro 10 Version 1903 just fine. Suddenly Windows is not Activated and re-entering the Key just keeps spinning without Activating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-activate/43e5724a-5de7-43f3-8b84-16562574156e"
  6. Activate Windows...Unable to Activate

Activate Windows...Unable to Activate: A few days ago I installed a brand new drive into my, now almost, 4-5 year old computer. I was told I wouldn't have any problem with me changing out the drive...according to several links on Windows.com, family members who work with computers, and friends who also work with...
  7. "Windows is not activated" message

"Windows is not activated" message: Split from this thread. hi.. i have a question about activation i have activated my windows 10 with digital license, its said "windwos is activated with a digital license" before and now, its said "windows is not activated" "we cant activate windows on this diveice...
  8. activation message

activation message: I did a clan boot on my window 10 computer. now occasionally I get message windows needs to be activated. I go to settings activation and go to troubleshoot. after I run the troubleshoot the message on my monitor goes away. Why am I getting this message. my computer has...
  9. defender not activating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender not activating: trying to turn on defender after removing avg - not allowing to even as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-not-activating/13e81003-660c-4533-a7ed-22fefabdc59e"
  10. Unable to activate

Unable to activate: Hopefully this is the right place because this involves an installation that doesn't activate. Little history: Installed Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 8. When the Windows 10 free download came around, I jumped and upgraded to that. Things went well for quite some...