Windows 10: Message to recover account on login

Discus and support Message to recover account on login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, but ever since the update on 1/10, KB4056887, I've already had two incidents of having to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nikilet, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Nikilet Win User

Message to recover account on login

I don't know if one thing has anything to do with the other, but ever since the update on 1/10, KB4056887, I've already had two incidents of having to "recover my account."

It's a good thing I have two computers so I can receive that code on my second one.

Can someone help me fix this so I don't have to keep recovering my account?

:)

Nikilet, Jan 15, 2018

2. Trying to create a new account, but logging in yields: "User Profile Service service failed to sign in / User profile cannot be loaded"

I am trying to create BRAND NEW accounts on my laptop/desktop. I am not trying to login to an existing account, I am trying to create a NEW account. Each time I try to create a new account and then try to login to the brand new account, I get the following
    "User Profile Service service failed to sign in / User profile cannot be loaded"

This message comes on BOTH my laptop and desktop. There are plenty of tutorials to recover corrupted accounts, but they do not apply here, so please don't respond with them. I am trying to create a new account to login with, but due to this Windows error I
    cannot.

I have tried sfc /scannow, but it does not find anything to fix. What is going on? How do I fix this?

DsomethingV, Jan 15, 2018
  3. hpholm Win User
    Nokia Sync - "This service will be discontinued. Please export or migrate your records"

Hi,

In case of an error message "Invalid credentials", it is most likely the credentials are wrong.

Please visit https://account.nokia.com/ and log in with the same account as used on the phone. The account page has an option to recover from a forgotten password, if that is the reason for the failed
    login on the records export page?

--

Hans

hpholm, Jan 15, 2018
  4. Message to recover account on login

FreeBooter, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Nikilet Win User
    I'll have to wait until it happens again and watch more closely. I don't think there was an error message. It's just a blue screen and it says "Please wait." And then finally this screen pops up that says "We can help you recover your account." Then you give them your email and they send you the code.

Which brings me to another question. Are these codes good only once time? I thought I was supposed to retain that code and use it when asked, but when I try to use a code I've been given in the past (I've kept them all) it's an error.

Nikilet, Jan 15, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    The recovery code is one-time only. I would go to https://account.microsoft.com ,sign-in and make sure all details are correct, your user name, password, etc and if you have Location enabled, that your devices are listed at bottom of page. You typically get the message if there are multiple failed attempts to log-on to your computer. They can also text you a code if you put a number on your account, more secure and immediate than an email address.

mrgeek, Jan 15, 2018
  7. Nikilet Win User
    As far as I can see info is ok. You said if I have location enabled, I didn't see anything on the page relevant to location. There's so much stuff on that page and I don't use any of it. I don't have a phone with texting so that is not an option.

Nikilet, Jan 16, 2018
  8. mrgeek Win User

You can set your location in Settings/Update & Security/Find my device 'Turn On'. Then check the microsoft account page to see that your device is detected on your MS account. You can also check your security info is up to date and correct. Should look like this after you set location and there will be no doubt device is registered to your acct. Good Luck -

Message to recover account on login [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Message to recover account on login - Similar Threads - Message recover account

2. RECOVER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RECOVER ACCOUNT: Hi, i HAVE THIS HUGE PROBLEM.I cant recover MY OWN account, i have acces to the email that i created an microsoft account. A hacker changed every info on my account. I write the skype name of the account here after that, it apears that microsoft have to verify that is my by...
  3. RECOVER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RECOVER ACCOUNT: Hi, i HAVE THIS HUGE PROBLEM.I cant recover MY OWN account, i have acces to the email that i created an microsoft account. A hacker changed every info on my account. I write the skype name of the account here after that, it apears that microsoft have to verify that is my by...
  4. Recover an account

Recover an account: How can I recover an account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-an-account/34629a21-bb5a-429f-a7c8-5c68437dd671
  5. Recover an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover an account: How can I recover an account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-an-account/34629a21-bb5a-429f-a7c8-5c68437dd671
  6. How to login to a new account at the login page when your old account can't be recovered/reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login to a new account at the login page when your old account can't be recovered/reset?: Hi guys,I can't login/reset the password of/recover my Microsoft account on my lab top. I'm looking for a way to switch to a working account without putting the lab top to factory reset, nor having to log into the current on which it's password I don't remember and can't...
  7. How to login to a new account at the login page when your old account can't be recovered/reset?

How to login to a new account at the login page when your old account can't be recovered/reset?: Hi guys,I can't login/reset the password of/recover my Microsoft account on my lab top. I'm looking for a way to switch to a working account without putting the lab top to factory reset, nor having to log into the current on which it's password I don't remember and can't...
  8. How to login to a new account at the login page when your old account can't be recovered/reset?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can not recover Microsoft account to login to Windows 10 laptop: Hi,I had a virus on my laptop and reinstalled the computer. When done the computer asked for my Microsoft login instead of the pin. The password I had did not work. On recovering the password I was requested to fill a "recovery form". This failed 2 twice. The Microsoft...
  10. How to recover the lost messages?

in Browsers and Email
    How to recover the lost messages?: The next time you start outlook all the folders were empty, there are no messages. The files inbox.dbx, "sent items.dbx" and other relevant folders retain their dimensions when viewing the file in the editor, they can be found even addresses, the names and other text. That...