Windows 10: Messaging App - Setup & Integration Options

Discus and support Messaging App - Setup & Integration Options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just considering Windows 10 Desktop for now, no phones or anything, can someone please explain to me how things are connected to one another in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Slip Jigs, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Slip Jigs Win User

Messaging App - Setup & Integration Options

Just considering Windows 10 Desktop for now, no phones or anything, can someone please explain to me how things are connected to one another in the background? When I followed the setup prompts I logged in with the live.com account, and it somehow was not part of Skype. Or, this didn't happen until I set up up Office 365 which I later rolled back. So I have the Messaging App which displays that I'm signed into my MS account. But nothing else. Then I have what appears to be the "normal" version of Skype.

So what's the deal - is the Messaging app and Skype integrated, or no?

Then, I have Yahoo IM - which and a Google Voice account that I use for SMS. Is there anyway to just roll all these things into the Messaging app for SMS, text-audio-video chat. all together?

Actually, if I could just get the Messaging app to work with the basic features that would be good enough to me on my way.

:)

Slip Jigs, Jun 13, 2016
  2. Jeff.Fire Win User

Integrated Skype app Error 0xA2000008

Messaging app functions fine without skype integration. When attempting to setup skype or load the skype video app I get the above error

Jeff.Fire, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Andrew[N] Win User
    Skype integration in Messaging app doesn't work

Option to send Skype messages from Messaging app was removed in Anniversary Update (OS build 14393). Now you should use new universal Skype app (for now it's named Skype Preview).

Andrew[N], Jun 13, 2016
Thema:

Messaging App - Setup & Integration Options

1. Messaging App - Setup & Integration Options - Similar Threads - Messaging App Setup

2. Memory Integrity is Off - No option to enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Integrity is Off - No option to enable: Hi,Windows security is off on my computer and there are no options to turn it on.There are no details as well if there are incompatible drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-integrity-is-off-no-option-to-enable/7fa63e9b-2fea-4691-8f71-df854aa1fb78
  3. Memory Integrity is Off - No option to enable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Integrity is Off - No option to enable: Hi,Windows security is off on my computer and there are no options to turn it on.There are no details as well if there are incompatible drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-integrity-is-off-no-option-to-enable/7fa63e9b-2fea-4691-8f71-df854aa1fb78
  4. Not able to disable the memory integrity options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to disable the memory integrity options: I have one third party driver that is not working and being shown with yellow warning sign in device manager. I wanted to disable the memory integrity option to make it work. After restart of the PC, memory integrity option is automatically getting turned on. Please provide...
  5. Not able to disable the memory integrity options

Not able to disable the memory integrity options: I have one third party driver that is not working and being shown with yellow warning sign in device manager. I wanted to disable the memory integrity option to make it work. After restart of the PC, memory integrity option is automatically getting turned on. Please provide...
  6. Not able to disable the memory integrity options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Your Phone app shows no Messages option

Your Phone app shows no Messages option: Trying to set up Your Phone app to use with my iPhone. Directions say to open the Your Phone app, choose my phone, choose Settings, then choose Messages -- but there is no Messages shown. What am I missing? Please help. TIA...
  8. No Troubleshoot Option in Advanced Setup!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Troubleshoot Option in Advanced Setup!: I have a HP Pavilion Notebook with Windows 10 Enterprise. The Troubleshoot Option that should be under the 'Advanced Startup' Option is missing. Have tried multiple methods of getting to "Advanced Startup" display including Safe mode, 'shutdown /r /o', etc., but all result...
  9. Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option: I added an existing .VHD (XP SP3 guest OS, which I originally created in Virtual PC 2007 running on an XP SP3 host OS) to Hyper-V via the Hyper-V Manager. It worked fine, except, I have no "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option in the Action menu, so I have no video,...
  10. Windows Setup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Setup Option: When logging on to Windows 10 one of the early screens gives a timed option to select either Windows 10 or Windows Setup. The second option takes you to Windows Boot Manager. Could someone please tell me if this option screen is a fixed feature of Windows 10 and, if it is,...