Windows 10: Messed up recovery partition

Discus and support Messed up recovery partition in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to create a recovery drive for my windows but it kept giving me an error. I checked reagent/info in cmd and it turns out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YusufSherif, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Messed up recovery partition

Hello,
    I was trying to create a recovery drive for my windows but it kept giving me an error. I checked reagent/info
    in cmd and it turns out the windows recovery environment was disabled. I tried using the code Code: REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage /path c:\windows\system32\recovery[/quote] No luck, gave me:
    Code: REAGENTC.EXE: No valid image found in the specified path.[/quote] I think the reason for this might be myself formatting that the recovery disk in disk management to NTFS form FAT32 because I wanted to create a disk image and it wouldn't let me as the recovery disk was in FAT32. Dumb move, I know and I had to deal with a boot error but I got through that somehow.
    So can someone help me fix this mess up please?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

YusufSherif, Feb 14, 2016

2. How to delete and extend a partition in Windows 10.

But can you tell me how to do this? I want to delete all the recovery partitions, and all the unlettered primary partitions. The whole thing is a mess, and I haven't the slightest clue on how to clean it all up. Can you help me?

Heather R. 1994, Feb 14, 2016
  3. How do I create a Windows 10 Recovery Partition?

I see, so the recovery info is kept in the System Reserved (500MB) instead of a partition called "Recovery". So I take it that there wasn't any point in me following the instructions on YouTube and creating one?

I needed something like this for a customer's computer. They have a bad habit of messing up their Windows installs. I also wanted to be able to make a folder inside it to hold the video drivers and some additional software to be re-installed after a restore.
    I also want to create a recovery image after he gets all his business software installed.

Should I create another partition for the image and hide it? I don't want it getting messed up. He has a habit of naming files with crazy long sentences and messing up the FAT.

SAGB - MCET, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Messed up recovery partition

I can't help with you with the recovery partition. I do recommend installing the free version of Macrium Reflect and making a image of your drive to a external drive.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Here's the link if you want to download it. Macrium Reflect Free

Don't forget to make a the Rescue Media. A image isn't any good if you can't use it.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Messed up recovery partition

1. Messed up recovery partition - Similar Threads - Messed recovery partition

2. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  3. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  4. Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition: Hi there, I just got a new HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5 and for once I want to do things differently and be prepared when Windows blows up. So I'd like to set up a recovery partition on the notebook's ssd that also contains a system image of the updated "mint" state (Win 10...
  5. Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up: I am trying to dual boot OSX and Windows 10 on my desktop computer. OSX is fully installed, and I have created Windows 10 install media on a flash drive. I am able to boot into the installer, but when I tell the installer to install in the unallocated space ~250gb, it...
  6. I think I messed up? Unallocated space after FOUR recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I messed up? Unallocated space after FOUR recovery partitions.: I just recently bought a new SSD and cloned my previous drive to the solid-state one. I am looking to have a separate boot of windows within said drive and shrinking the partition wasn't the problem. I had forgotten to convert to a FAT32 format prior to shrinking drive C:....
  7. Partition mess

Partition mess: I have an Acer A715-71G laptop that came with a 1TB HDD and a linux installation. I have this laptop for two years. On the same day I installed a Samsung 256GB 960 EVO Nvme drive and installed win 10. I might have messed though with the partitions. On subsequent upgrades of...
  8. WINDOWS 10 OS messed up after extending system recovery partition

WINDOWS 10 OS messed up after extending system recovery partition: hello its going to be a long post I apologize but I need help so sharing as much details as I can. running DUAL OS machine (PC desktop) with Ubuntu and windows 10 PRO on a 480Gb SSD I was having issues to update from 1809 to 1903 because of an error code leading to not...
  9. WINDOWS 10 OS messed up after extending system recovery partition

WINDOWS 10 OS messed up after extending system recovery partition: hello its going to be a long post I apologize but I need help so sharing as much details as I can. running DUAL OS machine (PC desktop) with Ubuntu and windows 10 PRO on a 480Gb SSD I was having issues to update from 1809 to 1903 because of an error code leading to not...
  10. Partition Mess

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition Mess: Hello all, So the other night I decided to do a clone of my laptop's hd as a back up using Macrium Reflect. However, it indicated that it couldn't do an MBR clone because it's limited to 3 partitions and my Source drive had 9! Stunned I rebooted out of Kyhi's recovery usb...