Windows 10: Messenger and Settings App Issues

Discus and support Messenger and Settings App Issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know if I'm imagining things or what... Is there a bug with the Messenger app because I feel like it's not working correctly. I don't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kandel, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Kandel Win User

Messenger and Settings App Issues

I don't know if I'm imagining things or what...
    Is there a bug with the Messenger app because I feel like it's not working correctly. I don't get notifications, getting messages seems delayed; does it have to be open in the background or should it always be connected be it closed or "x'd" out?

I don't use it on my laptop, but I really want to love it for my tablet. It's just making me feel like I'm crazy. It's a Venue 8 Pro, granted, I feel like the installation is a little glitchy...

Also, the Settings app keeps crashing on me on my tablet as I'm clicking around. I've tried to mimic what I'm doing on my laptop, but it's just on my tablet. Does anyone else have that problem?

:)

Kandel, Nov 19, 2015
  2. S. Andrei Win User

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

Exactly the same issue for me. Notifications are 'On' but I don't see the Messenger app in the list of Apps as mentioned by OP. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it hasn't fixed the issue.

S. Andrei, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Murús Win User
    vibrates even after vibration was disabled

Hi,

Kindly ensure you followed these steps

1. Disabling app notification (Settings > Notifications > Select Messenger > Disable vibration)

2. Disabling in-app vibration (Open Messenger > Settings > Diable in app notifications)

Murús, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

Messenger and Settings App Issues

1. Messenger and Settings App Issues - Similar Threads - Messenger Settings App

2. "Messenger" Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Messenger" Apps: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I have a couple of friends who use "Messenger" and are trying to get me interested. I was thinking of downloading it from the Microsoft store until I read this!Meta's Messenger Lite is finally ready to die.Microsoft ends another failed...
  3. "Messenger" Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Messenger" Apps: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I have a couple of friends who use "Messenger" and are trying to get me interested. I was thinking of downloading it from the Microsoft store until I read this!Meta's Messenger Lite is finally ready to die.Microsoft ends another failed...
  4. "Messenger" Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there app messenger for pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there app messenger for pc?: Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-app-messenger-for-pc/c962f0f3-c521-4377-bd6c-d699ec97ae3e
  6. Messenger App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messenger App: Live tile, doesn't work, has never worked! App also refuses to stick to taskbar, no matter how may times i try to pin it there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/d475558c-3dc1-4f6e-8700-61fec10d828c
  7. messenger app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    messenger app: how to reinstall messenger app I uninstall because it was not responding I could not open app or close it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/261ef7be-a270-4f1f-b6e8-e5cb3359e477"
  8. Messenger App

Messenger App: My computer let me install Facebook just fine, it launched and works fine. But when I went to install Messenger and/or Messenger Beta neither of them launched, I did the troubleshooting, updated my computer 4 times, restarted, reinstalled the apps etc. But still NOTHING. what...
  9. Messenger App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger App: I need to download the Messenger App to my desktop PC. Microsoft insists on asking for my PIN. I have a password, not a PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/8476dd1b-3f0a-4a02-a17a-19362bea6f27
  10. facebook messenger app issue

facebook messenger app issue: My facebook messenger app is not working on my windows 10 Lumia phone. I receive this error message REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 or higher. I tried doing a soft reset to no avail as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. What else should I do?...