Messy tasks in startup

Discus and support Messy tasks in startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by americanu197, Aug 3, 2018.

1. americanu197 Win User

Messy tasks in startup

Hello
    Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho)

:)

americanu197, Aug 3, 2018
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 3, 2018
  4. SnakeDoctor Win User

Messy tasks in startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Messy tasks in startup

1. Messy tasks in startup - Similar Threads - Messy tasks startup

2. Windows 10 startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup problems: I have a Lenovo Thinkstation with Windows 10 installed on a SSD drive. Everything been running fine for months until this morning the while the PC is logging on started to exhibit erratic behavior, screen going blank, PC resetting and restart, etc. Currently It won't finish...
  3. how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...: how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to the side of my page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-on-the-bottom-of-my/91d92472-3313-42ec-9302-421a68b67fcd
  4. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  5. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  6. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  7. the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321): Trying to make a backup of documents onto my external hard drive and keep getting this Error message, can someone please advise with help on this,...
  8. Why are all app not in the startup list in windows 10?

Why are all app not in the startup list in windows 10?: Hi, Why are all app not in the startup list in windows 10? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-are-all-app-not-in-the-startup-list-in-windows/7bf6da52-bbb6-40a1-bb40-51921d323558
  9. RunDLL not found during startup

RunDLL not found during startup: Get "Cannot find" popup (RunDLL) during startup. Also,power monitor in tray is grayed out. Trying to close the power monitor gauge triggers the same "Cannot find..." popup....
  10. Script Error on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script Error on Startup: Details- Line: 0 Char: 0 Error: Script error. Code: 0 URL: https://auth.gfx.ms/16.000.27868.00/OldConvergedLogin_PCore.js https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/script-error-on-startup/be27f228-89cc-4c62-b70b-eb6eac1f2b3b