Windows 10: Messy tasks in startup

Discus and support Messy tasks in startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by americanu197, Aug 3, 2018.

1. americanu197 Win User

Messy tasks in startup

Hello
    Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho)

:)

americanu197, Aug 3, 2018
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 3, 2018
  4. SnakeDoctor Win User

Messy tasks in startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Messy tasks in startup

1. Messy tasks in startup - Similar Threads - Messy tasks startup

2. Messy tasks in startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messy tasks in startup: Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho) 115307
  3. Issue with a task manager startup application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with a task manager startup application: So recently I opened my task manager startup, and I saw something that I am a little bit concerned about. There's a file that just says "Program" and it has no publisher? I can't link to the file location so I don't know what it is from. Just worried it might be a virus and I...
  4. Task Manager Startups Suspended

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startups Suspended: All non-MS apps show "Suspended" in "Task Manager", "Startup" Getting set for a class and want to show how to Disable Apps from starting. Have this on both laptop and Desktop. Both Insider Preview17093. Laptop Home, Desktop Pro msconfig, Startup, refers back to Task...
  5. recovery image is a bit messy

recovery image is a bit messy: Hi, since my laptop was born with Windows 8 Home, upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then to Windows 10, 64 bit version with UEFI, I think that the recovery image is a bit messy. Let's see, it's say it's Disabled (sorry, my system language is Italian): Code: Informazioni di...
  6. Task Manager Startup impact not measured

Task Manager Startup impact not measured: This seems to be a common problem. Task Manager under Start-up tab under Start-up impact shows everything not measured. Everything else fine. Ideas? 84370
  7. Task Manager Startup

Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  8. Start menu, still messy?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, still messy?!: Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful? I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in aphabetical order *Sad I dont care of those, but there is no option to hide them. SHow me a video, or any instruction, how to...
  9. Cannot manage startup tasks?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot manage startup tasks?: What's missing in this picture? Hint, I want to manage my startup tasks... [img] 45245
  10. Task Scheduler at startup fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler at startup fails: Task Scheduler will not run a .bat or .vbs on startup; both were tested with Task Scheduler Run. 101817