Windows 10: Messy tasks in startup

Discus and support Messy tasks in startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by americanu197, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Messy tasks in startup

Hello
    Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho)

:)

americanu197, Aug 3, 2018
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Messy tasks in startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Messy tasks in startup

1. Messy tasks in startup - Similar Threads - Messy tasks startup

2. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  3. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  4. W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 - Messy Start Menu and No drag & drop between apps on the task bar: Hello Microsoft.I am highly appreciate your free upgrade of my W10 to W11. Thank you very much. I was very exciting when processing this upgrade.However, after the upgrade, I am very disappointed with these 2 things:1. Start menu now becomes a messy of stuffs, It no long...
  5. Messy accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messy accounts: Hi I seem to have 2 accounts one which is my email the other which is my mobile - I cant add my mobile to my email account because it says the number is already taken.. I'm so confused and hoping to just get a single account back...
  6. Messy Documents folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messy Documents folder: So I recently formatted my PC and this time I want to keep windows tidy. I feel like I can manage all the necessary folders except for the document folder since a lot of programs / games automatically creates folders in there. Does anyone have a tip for how I can keep the...
  7. Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  8. Messy tasks in startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Messy tasks in startup: Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho) 115307
  9. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416
  10. Start menu, still messy?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, still messy?!: Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful? I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in aphabetical order *Sad I dont care of those, but there is no option to hide them. SHow me a video, or any instruction, how to...