Windows 10: Metered connections again...

Discus and support Metered connections again... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Sigh, I have done my damnest to get windows to update over 3G (metered) connection with no luck. I have done the msconfig edit tricks and all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by deeaa, Mar 12, 2016.

1. deeaa Win User

Metered connections again...

Sigh,

I have done my damnest to get windows to update over 3G (metered) connection with no luck. I have done the msconfig edit tricks and all I could find on these forums but nothing seems to help. It just won't update - or actually now it says updates available and starts to download, but it stays forever at 0%. It will however download Defender updates promptly.

Is the only way to occasionally carry the PC somewhere where I can plug it to Ethernet? Really?
    The last time I did it by reinstalling W10 with the online installation tool, and it downloaded and reinstalled it promptly again and that way I managed to get it to November update. But since then it stubbornly refuses to download anything.

Any new ideas for fixing this?

[EDIT]

I came up with a solution...instead of using the 3G modem I plug in a WiFi card, and use it to connect to my mobile phone sharing the same 3G connection and NOW it loads them! Whoohoo! A bit convoluted though. But a working solution.

Must be a big problem to many, there must be thousands of homes where networks are only provided via air 3G/4G etc. and no other networks are even possible (I mean rural areas, archipelagos and such where there are no landline telephones let alone cable TV's existing, only cellular networks available)

Cheers,

Dee

:)

deeaa, Mar 12, 2016
  2. CIBINBABY Win User

Unable to use Cortana in India.

disable metered connection and try it again .

CIBINBABY, Mar 12, 2016
  3. Cellular Network on Windows 10 pc

Recently I upgraded my pc to Windows 10 pro from Windows 7, and then again updated the version to 1511. I use Huawei data for internet, the connection is cellular, I don't know whether the cellular connection is metered or not and if metered then how do
    I make it non-metered. I want to make the connection non-metered so that I can download UK English Speech, because I am not able to download it the error code is 0x800F0908. There is no option to set the 'Cellular' connection to metered or non-metered in 'Data
    Usage'. It is also said that Windows 10 is not able to download certain updates on metered network.

Thanks in advance!!!

Tejveer Singh Yadav, Mar 12, 2016
  4. Metered connections again...

TairikuOkami, Mar 12, 2016
Thema:

Metered connections again...

1. Metered connections again... - Similar Threads - Metered connections again

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  4. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  5. metered connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    metered connection: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello. I live in canada and have a metered connection. I have my wifi set to metered connection and all others I connect the computer to. I have automatic updates set to off. Why does windows still download updates? I have to pay for it in the end WTH?!!!...
  6. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  7. metered connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    metered connection: How do you turn off metered connection off, my Bluetooth devices will not connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/5f8da87a-b822-4b37-b7ae-0f00d0e23d8a
  8. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  9. METERED CONNECTION

in Cortana
    METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  10. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...