Windows 10: Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts

Discus and support Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I have installed a software which will place 4 shortcuts in Start Menu->Programs-> <Vendor folder>. But i could see only 1 shortcut as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SushKar, Aug 18, 2015.

1. SushKar Win User

Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts

Hello all,
    I have installed a software which will place 4 shortcuts in Start Menu->Programs-> <Vendor folder>. But i could see only 1 shortcut as metro shortcut. Where as if i open the file location, i could see all the 4 shortcuts in the location.
    For example, Bomgar application installs 4 shortcuts in "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Bomgar" folder but only 1 shortcut is displayed in metro.
    Please find attached screenshots.
    Can someone suggest to get all the 4 shortcuts display in metro.

Thanks.

:)

SushKar, Aug 18, 2015
  2. MWolf94 Win User

Windows 10 | All Apps | Metro Apps | & Cortana

I was trying to get a shortcut to bring up the All Apps menu from the start screen. The one that displays metro apps. I can't access my start menu (due to some restrictions set up by my school), so I can't access my metro apps unless I open the store and
    open the app from there. I wanted to pin the metro apps to my desktop so I could still use them. I found out where the shortcuts are located

C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Application Shortcuts

In there are folders for each of my metro apps with a shortcut inside. The problem is, each shortcut is not linked to anything, so I still can't open them.

I'm wondering, is there a way to open metro apps without using the start menu?

(When searching in Cortana, some apps show up and some don't. Either way, she doesn't recognize that it's downloaded already so clicking on it brings me to the store)

MWolf94, Aug 18, 2015
  3. huddie71 Win User
    Keyboard Shortcuts for Remote Desktop App

Anybody know the answer to this ? Got any links for the Modern / Metro / Universal Remote Desktop app shortcut keys ?

huddie71, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts

1. Metro Shortcuts fails to display all the shortcuts - Similar Threads - Metro Shortcuts fails

2. ALL Windows shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL Windows shortcuts.: https://github.com/Windows200000/Windows-Keyboard-Shortcuts Okay, there will never truly be a list of all shortcuts. But I tried my best to compile as large of a list as I could from what I remember and from the internet. If you know more, please contribute. I hope it...
  3. Display orientation / rotation shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display orientation / rotation shortcut?: Is there a desktop shortcut I can create or a batch file that I can place on my desktop to change the screen orientation/rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation-rotation-shortcut/457ced2c-05f8-4ed4-b8be-732c1f085bea
  4. Display orientation / rotation shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display orientation / rotation shortcut?: Is there a desktop shortcut I can create or a batch file that I can place on my desktop to change the screen orientation/rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-orientation-rotation-shortcut/457ced2c-05f8-4ed4-b8be-732c1f085bea
  5. Shortcut to swap displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to swap displays?: NO I do not want to switch windows from one display to another. I need to quickly swap monitors one and two or swap two windows between two different monitors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-swap-displays/1c96e7c0-e9c4-4ccf-a51b-c381c435ee62
  6. Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings: I am looking for a way to create a Keyboard Shortcut that switches my display setup for Windows 10 So essentially I am looking for a command/macro/shortcut/bat file that when it's run Screen A becomes the Primary Screen and Screen B becomes the Secondary screen, and an...
  7. Thumbnail Preview for Shortcuts not displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail Preview for Shortcuts not displayed: Hi, I can view thumbnail previews for my pictures but not for picture shortcuts where only the Photo icon is displayed. I will recall that in previous versions of Windows that was possible, or do I remember it wrong? Maybe I miss some setting here? Thanks for clarity!...
  8. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop: I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to Metro screen 31336
  9. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings Shortcuts Needed: Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation -- all without having to call up the Display Settings page. Example. I need 175% to clearly see the file tree but that is too...
  10. Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut to display Alphabetic menu for All Apps: I have seen several threads where people want to remove this feature but in my case it is actually easier to use than scrolling down through 10 to 20 pages of programs listed by letter to get to "X" for "Xcopy+" for example. Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut one-click...