Windows 10: mic/camera Cortana

Discus and support mic/camera Cortana in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I have been trying to solve this by myself and in doing so found many people with the same issue. As soon as I put Cortana 'ON' the light to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maranna, Jan 1, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

mic/camera Cortana

Hello
    I have been trying to solve this by myself and in doing so found many people with the same issue. As soon as I put Cortana 'ON' the light to the camera/mic stays on. I don't think I am being spied upon but a light can only stay on so long before it is, so long.
    I am now using Google with voice search but I would think Cortana should work when enabled w/o the light staying on.
    I have a usb Creative mic/camera for the desktop and a built in for the laptop.
    I am trying to use Win 10 fully, but find 'photo', 'mail' etc to be inferior to Win essentials and previous products. There is no video editor unless you use the old Windows dvd app but that has limitations and needs codecs to be imported. It seem the technology is either cheaper or poorly designed. I can see Linux taking over if this trend continues because the apps are getting less functional. The numerous options are dazzling regarding privacy and would take a etch to know which to enable, or not.

Anyway, what is causing this lite issue and is there a solution or reasonable answer?
    Thank you
    Peter

:)

maranna, Jan 1, 2016

2. Not responding to "Hey Cortana" but works fine when I click the mic icon.

I upgraded to windows 10 on my PC. I setup the mic and speakers. I enabled Cortana and went thru the voice training. I have a BT headset and a USB camera mic. The camera mic responded to "Hey Cortana" and then quit. The BT headset has never responded to
    "Hey Cortana". If I click on the mic icon with either device Cortana hears me fine and responds appropiately. In the Chrome browser Google Now responds to "OK Google" and works fine. I have watched the levels in the device window and both mics appear to be
    working fine. I have set the mic level to 100 on both. I have turned off all noise sources and had a quiet house with no one home. I went from normal to yelling and no response from either device. I have searched online but have found nothing useful. I opened
    a chat with MS and was passed to a different tech who never responded. Any help would be appreciated.

rodneybarnard, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Secondary microphone issue. Lumia 930 running Denim.

Hii ,

Exactly experiencing the same issue.My observations after studying the problem as long as i can:

1.First of all mic responsible during speakerphone call has low audio capture level when device is held normally but works surprisingly well when phone is kept upside down(sound originating from top side can be heard very clearly by other person,no issues
    at all).

2. Camera orientation causing low level audio recordings.Sometimes mic captures rich audio in vertical orientation whereas low audio on horizontal orientation and vice-versa .May be the firmware which communicates the camera & mics directional capture
    are malfunctioning.Relaunching the camera app solves the issue (strange isn't it ? mic/camera Cortana :eek:)

3.All 4 mics are working good during apps which includes mic functionality such hey cortana,cortana,shazam,voice commands are working great.

Note:1.Front two mics are omni-directional (causing speakerphone issue as may be noise cancellation is done by main mic in-call)

2.Back two mics are multi-directional as they cover the entire field .

Conclusion: May be Firmware is the culprit here.

ankitmav87, Jan 1, 2016
  4. smith Win User

mic/camera Cortana

The best solution I suggest is totally remove mic and webcam drivers...Then head to official website and get the latest ones..

smith, Jan 2, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    Do you mean to Creative, the name on the camera/mic?

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

mic/camera Cortana

1. mic/camera Cortana - Similar Threads - mic camera Cortana

2. Mic & Camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic & Camera: My mic is not working for any apps, such as discord, nor is my camera. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting my computer, updating my sound settings, etc. I've done research and tried nearly everything, if anyone can help, please do....
  3. CORTANA MIC

in Cortana
    CORTANA MIC: Hi , How do I enable setting such that when I open cortana then mic get on and not to click on mike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-mic/37bc2b6c-9afe-4fab-a63d-0f86f1ce5fef
  4. Camera & Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera & Mic: How can I test if newly installed camera and microphone work well on desktop using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-mic/3b49e998-11e4-410a-8b33-b932a2e42d7e
  5. MIC and Camera not working.

MIC and Camera not working.: Ever since I have downloaded an Adobe Application package of Adobe Fuse, Photoshop and Visual Studio with Unity and Unreal Engine on my Low RAM laptop, my mic and camera for Zoom, Google Meet and Steam games has stopped working.What might be the problem?...
  6. webcam digital camera and mic

webcam digital camera and mic: webcam digital camera's mic not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-digital-camera-and-mic/01246b70-6a76-40b8-9847-e269d16a1ab9
  7. camera and mic no longer working

camera and mic no longer working: I cannot locate my camera under device manager and microphone has all the up to date drivers yet, it's still not working. I've rebooted several times and followed all the threads online I could find. Still nothing. HP stream is only a year old....
  8. Mic used in talking to Cortana

in Cortana
    Mic used in talking to Cortana: Does a Snowball mic work with Cortana in Windows 10, version 10.0.0.18362, build 18362? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-used-in-talking-to-cortana/555e79fa-16d2-4590-85eb-572b8f3af756"
  9. Cortana mic

in Cortana
    Cortana mic: After a tech fixing my internet problem left I realized that my Cortana mic had disappeared and the volume button in my task bar wouldn't go higher or lower https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-mic/80b1a912-6289-44dd-b5a7-80bf5d6c2c4a"
  10. Cortana and mic troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana and mic troubles: I just got my laptop and i decided to try Cortana but when I click on the mic it brings her up for a short while and then crashes. I tried going to settings and clicking set up mic but as soon as I click it, it says detecting problem and won't let me. I have skyped some...