Windows 10: Mic Jack not Working

Discus and support Mic Jack not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Bought this mic on amazon recently Amazon.com: Neewer® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone Mic for PC Laptop Skype (2X Microphones): Computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hostelo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. hostelo Win User

Mic Jack not Working

hostelo, Feb 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 not detecting mic on earbuds

I'm trying to use the mic on my earbuds for skype. I plugged them into my headphone jack, it says there is no mic plugged in. I tried plugging them into the mic jack, still nothing. I tried every jack on my PC it still doesn't pick up sound. How can I
    make the mic on my ear buds work

EnochCychet, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Logitech H130 Headphones audio works, but mic does not

I have tried all of the jacks in my computer. (using Windows 10) The mic does not work in a single one. The headphones I have, have two plugs; one for the mic jack and one for the headphone jack. The headphone slot works fine, and I am pretty sure that
    the jack is not the issue. When I right-click on the volume button, and go to playback devices, the mic does not even show. The driver is up-to-date as well. It worked, then stopped, then started, then then stopped working. Please help.

NeedingHelpAtOnce, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Mic Jack not Working

Hi have tried right click start button.
    Control Panel
    Sounds

Or Right Click
    Control Panel
    Speech Recognition
    Then set up microphone

hTconeM9user, Feb 5, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    The CPU/Central Processing Unit is on the motherboard. Most computer cases of the last several years have a Microphone jack on the front panel beside the Speaker/Headphone jack [pink and light green] in addition to the jacks on the back of the computer which are the ones physically attached to the motherboard. Have you tried the microphone on a different computer or computers? Most times Windows will recognize it, try Sound Recorder.

Berton, Feb 6, 2016
  6. hostelo Win User
    hey guys thanks for the responses.

have tried the different jacks for mic on the whole cpu and windows does not seem to reconize it when connected like it would when I connect something with usb.
    it just doesn't detect a thing

also tried it with the speech recognition area in the control panel and nothing

its just not detected

what are your thoughts?

hostelo, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    That pretty much says your mic is bad, have you tried it on a different computer or a different mic on your computer?

Berton, Feb 7, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Mic Jack not Working

You have VIA CODEC chip in there, it's drivers are known to make problems.

CountMike, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Any chance of getting a cheap mic that works through your usb.
    Have you also run trouble shooter and see what that comes up with
    Have you also run SFC /Scannow
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Yes. Good idea.
    It will confirm at least if the mic is good or defective.
    Make sure if it is NOT a hardware issue first.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mic Jack not Working

1. Mic Jack not Working - Similar Threads - Mic Jack Working

2. RealtekR Jack Mic not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealtekR Jack Mic not working.: The RealtekR Jack Mic isn't able to recognize that I have earbuds with a microphone plugged in, I've tried using an audio jack splitter adapter, the one that splits both channels and it just keeps saying it isn't plugged in. It also seems the Jack mic, when searching for it's...
  3. RealtekR Jack Mic not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealtekR Jack Mic not working.: The RealtekR Jack Mic isn't able to recognize that I have earbuds with a microphone plugged in, I've tried using an audio jack splitter adapter, the one that splits both channels and it just keeps saying it isn't plugged in. It also seems the Jack mic, when searching for it's...
  4. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  5. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  6. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...: Please help! My mic does not work when plugged into the rear mic jack or line in jack. The speakers plugged into the rear jack work fine - on the same group of ports as both the rear mic jack and line in jack.The same mic works fine when plugged into the front mic jack....
  7. Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rear mic jack and line in jack not working - windows 10 detects when mic is plugged in but...: Please help! My mic does not work when plugged into the rear mic jack or line in jack. The speakers plugged into the rear jack work fine - on the same group of ports as both the rear mic jack and line in jack.The same mic works fine when plugged into the front mic jack....
  8. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  9. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  10. My Headphone jack not working, but mics still work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Headphone jack not working, but mics still work: My audio jack was working fine with everything up until today when I plugged back in my earbuds, suddenly there was no sound what-so-ever. The mic still works perfectly on all of my devices but none of them have audio. I took a recording of the issue...