Windows 10: Mic not working on new PC.

Discus and support Mic not working on new PC. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC and it works fine, although the microphones intake level is way to low and when i am in a call with someone they have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yde_000, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Yde_000 Win User

Mic not working on new PC.

I recently built a new PC and it works fine, although the microphones intake level is way to low and when i am in a call with someone they have a massive echo. I've turned op the volume of my mic in my windows setting and in discord itself, but both haven't done anything, does anyone have an idea that could work?

:)

Yde_000, Mar 4, 2024
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 4, 2024
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Mic not working on new PC.

Bluetooth headset mic does not work with newly built PC

Recently built a PC with ASRock B550 ITX/ac motherboard. I am using a wireless bluetooth headphones (similar to airpods).

The sound is great, however, I am unable to record anything through the built-in mic.

System: Windows 10

Problem: Connect a bluetooth headset to the PC; The sound works; the mic doesn't work seemingly

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek sound drivers
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth drivers
    3. Using the same headphones on a laptop - both sound and mic work as expected
    4. Using another pair of bluetooth headphones on my desktop PC - same issue persists
    Above are the main solutions I was able to find online, however, if anyone here has other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

MastermindRT, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Mic not working on new PC.

1. Mic not working on new PC. - Similar Threads - Mic working

2. My microphone stop working suddenly but when I renable the mic it works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone stop working suddenly but when I renable the mic it works: So my headset microphone cutout any sounds suddenly which is a problem I never had in Win10 it all started when i got this new laptop with Win11 on it,It kept stopping always in the middle of discussions or chats, First I thought the problem might be Discord after trying to...
  3. My microphone stop working suddenly but when I renable the mic it works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone stop working suddenly but when I renable the mic it works: So my headset microphone cutout any sounds suddenly which is a problem I never had in Win10 it all started when i got this new laptop with Win11 on it,It kept stopping always in the middle of discussions or chats, First I thought the problem might be Discord after trying to...
  4. Why did my mic just stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my mic just stop working?: I have a Dell laptop and teach online I used my laptop mic last night, this morning it says the system has muted my mic. When I go into settings all the settings indicate that the mic should be working....
  5. Why did my mic just stop working?

Why did my mic just stop working?: I have a Dell laptop and teach online I used my laptop mic last night, this morning it says the system has muted my mic. When I go into settings all the settings indicate that the mic should be working....
  6. Mic doesn't work on voice recorder app, camera or whatsapp but works on browsers like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic doesn't work on voice recorder app, camera or whatsapp but works on browsers like...: Hi,I am facing a problem with the mic in my system. The mic works fine and detects voice in the browsers, but in voice recorder or camera or whatsapp , the voice isn't picked up. I have checked all permissions, all drivers, and updates. Even sought help from support, giving...
  7. Mic doesn't work on voice recorder app, camera or whatsapp but works on browsers like...

Mic doesn't work on voice recorder app, camera or whatsapp but works on browsers like...: Hi,I am facing a problem with the mic in my system. The mic works fine and detects voice in the browsers, but in voice recorder or camera or whatsapp , the voice isn't picked up. I have checked all permissions, all drivers, and updates. Even sought help from support, giving...
  8. Why did my mic stop working AFTER I upgraded to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my mic stop working AFTER I upgraded to Windows 11?: Everything was working fine while I was running Windows 10, then I get the Microsoft threat that soon they will no longer support Win10 and that I have to up-grade to Win11. Well it was a free up-grade so I can't complain too much, but now my mic doesn't work!I have scoured...
  9. Why did my mic stop working AFTER I upgraded to Windows 11?

Why did my mic stop working AFTER I upgraded to Windows 11?: Everything was working fine while I was running Windows 10, then I get the Microsoft threat that soon they will no longer support Win10 and that I have to up-grade to Win11. Well it was a free up-grade so I can't complain too much, but now my mic doesn't work!I have scoured...
  10. wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…: I have a steel series microphone, and when connected via usb, the audio works but the actual microphone does not. However when i connect it to a 3.5mm headphone jack, it does work with the microphone and everyone can hear me. When plugging in my headphones to usb, it does not...