Windows 10: Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10

Discus and support Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It all started when I installed Windows 10 on release day. (I was using windows 7 before). I downloaded mumble and then all my games and started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Forteh, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Forteh Win User

Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10

It all started when I installed Windows 10 on release day. (I was using windows 7 before). I downloaded mumble and then all my games and started playing with friends. After a while I noticed that my friends weren't responding to me I alt tabbed and realized my push to talk wasn't working (this goes for every voice program, the same thing happens the push to talk key stops working). In my Recording options the mic isn't disabled.

When I go into recording devices after it stops working when I speak I do not see any green bars, when I go to steams voice test and nada, no green bars. To fix it I either go into Mumble settings and just hit 'apply' or I open up the mumble audio wizard and close it right away and my mic will work again along with push to talk. For some reason this makes my mic work again.

I've tried a fresh install of windows 10, I've tried different mics, different sound cards and the same thing keeps happening. Before I reformatted it got so bad it was happening every 2 minutes. Now it happens every couple of hours and progressively happening more often.

To me it seems something is disabling my mic and doesn't re-enable it. EventViewer isn't helpful there is no entry for when it happens. It happens when I'm gaming, or even when I'm not even on my pc doing anything.

I feel like I tried everything. I've been googling fixes and working fixing this for two weeks with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Forteh, Oct 13, 2015
  2. TILT L0RD Win User

My Blue Snowball Mic keeps on stopping to work

I have this same issue. The sound on the mic will randomly stop working for 10-20 seconds and then start working again. This issue happens for me ONLY on Windows 10. My system has a dual-boot Win7/10 setup, so all of the hardware is the same.

TILT L0RD, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Natixco Win User
    Headphone microphone doesnt working

Hey, I bought a qpad qh85 a long time ago, it worked fine but randomly the mic stopped working. I replaced with the store, I got a qh90 (it was about 3 months ago) and its mic stopped working again. I tried everything. What can I do?

Natixco, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10

1. Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mic Stops working

2. MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER: I own the hyper x cloud 2 headset and when i try to use the mic it works for a little bit then suddenly stops working.I have tried everything doesn't work.If anyone can help me out please feel free to leave a comment.Also the mic works it might be something or some...
  3. MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER: I own the hyper x cloud 2 headset and when i try to use the mic it works for a little bit then suddenly stops working.I have tried everything doesn't work.If anyone can help me out please feel free to leave a comment.Also the mic works it might be something or some...
  4. Input devices stop working randomly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input devices stop working randomly while gaming: I have a Logitech G604 Lightspeed mouse and a G613 Lightspeed keyboard with the G Pro headset that I use with my PC. When I'm playing certain games, the input devices will all cut out at once after a cutscene or randomly as I play. The computer continues to run and the...
  5. Mic stopped working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic stopped working?: My laptop after being through years of damage will randomly shut down and then start back up again randomly, and usually it's fine. This time I was on a call with friends, and it happened, and now my microphone isn't working at all. My computer doesn't pick up any problems,...
  6. All my usb mics randomly just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my usb mics randomly just stopped working.: It happened literally out of nowhere. If I plug in my microphones into the headphone jacks it still works. But then I can't hear anything. This happened out of nowhere. I've tried various different usb headsets all of them have the same problem. Please help!! submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 locking randomly while in use: Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found...
  8. My mic randomly stopped working help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mic randomly stopped working help: So I was sitting here playing dnd with some friends on discord and my mic has now decided it is done working. Near as I can tell something went wrong with windows 10 that caused it to stop working. I have tested the mic on my xbox and on my tablet and it is still working. I...
  9. windows 10 randomly stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 randomly stopped working.: i finally got my new case in the mail and i rebuilt my pc. when i tried to turn it on it worked, but the rgb for one of the fans stopped working. so i turned the computer off, and unplugged and re plugged the fan and turned it on to see if it worked but it didn't work so i...
  10. mic stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic stopped working: The issue occurred after Windows 10 was updated. I was trying to get in touch with my friend over facebook but mic wasn’t working.I wasn’t able to turn it on in the settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 discord mic stops working randomly

2. why did my mic randomly stop working on pc

3. windows 10 mic stops working after 20-30 minutes

4. discord mic stops working randomly,
  5. windows mic audio randomly stops,
  6. my mic was working fine but not it is too low i tried every thing,
  7. using a mic plugged into controller as headset on pc and it keeps randomly stopping working,
  8. windows 10 mic randomly stopped working